Widey for sale in NZ

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

o i totally agree the left hand drive thing is a pain and i'd never actually buy it..its just a sweet car to look at .
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Tamgesic wrote:o i totally agree the left hand drive thing is a pain and i'd never actually buy it..its just a sweet car to look at .
If the price went under 10k id be seriously considering it. Would def do a RHD conversion on it though.
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

I have a feeling this dude wont be dropping his price though.

fair enough .
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Many years ago my dad who is long dead converted a rambler from left to right hand drive. He was a mechanic. Anyway, something was crazy with the steering box and what he didnt realise was that when he turned left the wheels went right. the first drive he drove straight into the wall he was parked next to instead of going away from the wall. I would hate to imagine how much work would be involved in converting a staz from LHD to RHD. It would be MASSIVE !!!!
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

It's not to bad since you can get all the right hand drive parts. The chap that had the silver widey with the SR20DET in it had a website that showed you how to do it... Wasn't straight forward but wasn't that hard either. Bryce has a welder... he'd be sweet :D
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

FST4RD wrote:It's not to bad since you can get all the right hand drive parts. The chap that had the silver widey with the SR20DET in it had a website that showed you how to do it... Wasn't straight forward but wasn't that hard either. Bryce has a welder... he'd be sweet :D
Yeah its not actually as hard as it sounds. If/when the wife and i make it to the usa to bring back our 2 cars (widey for me and a mustang for her) il def be going ahead with this conversion.
Ive read up on the sr20 cars conversion and dont think itd be out of reach for anyone with reasonable meachanical and fabrication skills.
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

Old post i know but does anyone know what happened to this 'star?'
STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

A Guy in Auckland bought it, not far from my place.