Aussie M6 sohc head

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
livestarquest
[P] Plates

Aussie M6 sohc head

Post by livestarquest »

Is anyone willing to ship me a good M6 head to the US. zip 77092? Let me know guys!

jon
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

it took me 6 months of hard looking up here to find one for my own car!

they're almost always cracked between the valves as they dont have a lot of material there in the casting..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MainstreaM
I've been here before

Post by MainstreaM »

redzone wrote: they're almost always cracked between the valves as they dont have a lot of owners that don't take care of their coolant systems..
Fixed it for ya.
livestarquest
[P] Plates

Post by livestarquest »

Somebody must have one. My car was on the dyno when it hit 28psi and pop! cracked and coolant leaks everywhere. Somebody must have one out there!
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

MainstreaM wrote:
redzone wrote: they're almost always cracked between the valves as they dont have a lot of owners that don't take care of their coolant systems..
Fixed it for ya.
No, they definitely are an inferior head. I recall when those Magnas were new some were coming back within 50,000kms with cracked heads. We don't exactly have an extreme hot or cold climate here in New Zealand.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

There are no new ones in Mitsubishi dealer stock from what I know. I bought a few a couple of years ago then somebody else bought the rest. Only ones available now are second hand, either from a wrecker or reconditioned. With shipping costs it works out to be an expensive excercise.

Have you looked to see if you can still get Marnal heads? Or a replacement stock one for bugger all then head work to use up the same amount of coin?
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

you can still get Chinese copy heads
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

The china and spanish heads are a copy of the triton head, same as a stock starion 2.6 head.

I shipped an M9 head to the states last year, shipping alone was over $300. The M9 heads have a lot more material near the valve seats so dont crack as easy.

Magna owners are always povs though, so you'll never see a well maintained one.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

There is a Magna Wreckers down here, and they usually have shelves of M6 and M9 heads last time I was there.
leoca
I've been here before

Re: Aussie M6 sohc head

Post by leoca »

livestarquest wrote:Is anyone willing to ship me a good M6 head to the US. zip 77092? Let me know guys!

jon
I have a reco pajero one here ..water port sim to your conquest...bare..unsure of the number ..will i look it up for you?jc
Starion-an 80's Classic car
livestarquest
[P] Plates

Post by livestarquest »

There is a Magna Wreckers down here, and they usually have shelves of M6 and M9 heads last time I was there.
Can you check that out for me? I will gladly pay you money for the head and shipping if they are still available.

I have a reco pajero one here ..water port sim to your conquest...bare..unsure of the number ..will i look it up for you?jc
Please look and see if it's an m6 or m9. I would gladly take it off your hands if so!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Pajero head is a triton head which is a stock starion 2.6 head.

Make daaaaaaamn sure the wreckers heads aren't cracked woody. I had 2 wreckers try to sell me cracked m6's

leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

livestarquest wrote:
Can you check that out for me? I will gladly pay you money for the head and shipping if they are still available.

Please look and see if it's an m6 or m9. I would gladly take it off your hands if so!
Its an M28 exchange one
Starion-an 80's Classic car
livestarquest
[P] Plates

Post by livestarquest »

ahhh fooie that's not the right one I am looking for. Need a gen 2 magna head. Any luck with that wrecker place Woody???
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

I have a surplus M9 head with valves but no rockers or cam. If you're interested, I'll get it checked for cracks & leaks, or even get it resurfaced if required. Not sure what shipping would be, but weighs 11.2kg unboxed.
Would think it would be less than US$200.

panda
Last edited by panda on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser