FS in NZ (Ham): '82 Galant (Sapporo/Scorpion) GT Turbo Coupe

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

FS in NZ (Ham): '82 Galant (Sapporo/Scorpion) GT Turbo Coupe

Post by dirtygalant »

Right, just getting this up here as a tentative sale, basically looking to free up some room (and cash) for a certain widebody Starion and perhaps further fund the Eterna project.

For those who don't know what it is, the car is a 4th generation Galant /\ (Lambda) GT Turbo coupe which is the lowest spec turbo model without power steering and electric windows, amongst other things such as a more basic interior, no internal fuel door release and steel bumpers.

Originally had the G63B SOHC 8V ECI-Turbo engine, which then had the turbo gear removed by a previous owner after something malfunctioned and replaced with a carburettor, only to be put back to the original turbo configuration not long after I bought it. After putting it through a track day the motor has suspected cracked ring-land and/or a B.H.G so I am part way through a DASH 12V conversion with HKS forged pistons, arp rods and other new gear. Gearbox is factory Starion 5 speed, shifts well with no crunching or abnormal noises. Currently has TC06 turbo but will be fitting a TD05 with new downpipe and new intercooler piping. Exhaust is 2.5" most of the way and 3" from the diff onwards.

Rear end and suspension has been carried over from the Eterna so it has a 3.909 LSD rear diff (originally 3.545 open) and the custom built coil-over suspension, however I will be looking at swapping back the coil-overs and fitting in shorter springs with struts shortened to match. The LSD can stay as I am wishing to fit a larger 6-bolt Starion LSD into the Eterna.

Car has 167,000kms on the clock now which is still quite low for a 28 year old car. Body and paintwork is in excellent order for its age, with only a few small dents with the worst being the lower front valance. 99% rust free with no rust holes just small patches of surface rust. Car was sprayed with fish oil in the cavities when I first got it. Interior is ok and can tidy up well, it's just the front seats with some ripped fabric which lets it down.

As for wheels, it can come on either the factory steel wheels, 15x6.5" Volk mesh rims or perhaps the 16x7.5/8" SSR mesh rims, obviously price will vary depending on rims.

Pics

As for prices.. well would probably be looking at $4200 with factory steelies, $5000 with 15" meshies and $5700 with the 16" rims all of which rims have good tread tyres. But you tell me what you think it's worth? I'm thinking it's fairly cheap for an 80s RWD Turbo car which has IRS and LSD, and given it will be powered by a unique engine which has potential for more power.

Can come with lots of spare parts including bumpers, bootlid, bonnet, interior panels and even engine bits for extra cost, some parts I would rather hang onto for the Eterna.

Test drives sweet as once I get the new engine in and running.

PM me if you're serious or e-mail me buymysuperdupercoolcar at philsparts dot co dot nz
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

Pm sent :beer
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

hey buddy sorry I haven't received anything? my inbox was full tho so have deleted some - can you please send that PM again? thanks!
ImageImage
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Bump!
ImageImage
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

ImageImage
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

bump, new listing - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =372364630

Now has DASH engine removed, the Eterna's 141,000kms engine fitted back in its place. Will come on factory 14" 'Sigma' steels and the GT-specific factory firm suspension fitted back in.
ImageImage
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

:drool:
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

SOLD!!
ImageImage
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

Congratulations, about time. Whats the plan now? What are you going to do with the dash motor?
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg