FS: [WA] - Wrecking Mitsu Sapporo 4g63BT - Jap Compliance

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

What the hell is that plug for?
It's on the loom not far from where the drivers door light switch plugs in.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

As far as I'm aware it's only the import pre-facelift Galant or Eternas (either coupe or sedan) with the very early round port pre-type 1/A/I injection (ie, what this car in this thread has) which have the TC05-12A with the inbuilt BOV. From the facelift models and the introduction of the first of the JDM Starions with the TC05-12A they no longer had the BOV.

I don't know what the plug is as I don't have a Starion and I don't recall anything in that region in either of my coupes. Just a thought - have you got your factory speaker wiring and original stereo unit in tact? I lost my chimes when I fitted an aftermarket stereo in the Eterna - the ETACS system was tied in with the factory speaker wiring which I had bypassed altogether as it shared a common earth between all the speakers which the new stereo did not like. I tried wiring the new wiring for the front right hand speaker in parallel with the original wiring for the front right speaker but it seems it caused issues with the factory stereo unplugged from the speaker loom - the ETACS unit must have to account for the impedance of the original stereo when driving the drivers door speaker when playing the chimes.

Hope that helps.

PS: the car in this thread is an Eterna GSR - I just worked it out by looking at the headlamp washer button on the headlamp/indicator stalk, although the original Eterna A grill with headlamp washer jets is gone and is replaced with what looks to be a Scorpion grill. Under the battery there should be a headlamp washer reservoir tank and pump still unless it has been removed.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

DG, much of your and my comments probably should have been in the Technical area of the forum...never mind. You raise a good point as I no longer have the factory stereo. I think I'll rig something up like the Aussie Starion or alternatively I have a diagram of a basic reminder alarm that I'll just add in somewhere. Got caught once and killed the battery when roll starting it as I forgot about the bloody kill switches in the annoyance of the situation. :roll:

Anyhow, who wants bits off this Turbo Scorpion/Eterna?? :)
How?
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

Just a very quick comment directed to dirtygalant
Is this the type of compressor housing you where talking about with the bov

87 Starion EX
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

I ended up taking off that BOV thing and putting a plate over the place instead. I wasn't too sure if that was the reason for not being able to get any boost higher than 12PSI as i figured it was a pressure relief valve of some sort. Still have all the pieces though.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Thanks perrinsohc for digging up the pics, now everything that DG was saying makes sense.
How?
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

yes that's exactly it - gee enthuzed you should know by now I don't talk trash :P

woops, you probably lost the boost cut when you removed the wire going to the boost sensor mounted in the very top of the BOV housing - I lost my 10psi boost cut as soon as I went from the TC05 to a TC06 and left that wire unplugged. Factory BOVs are known to leak when boosted high, so it is possible the factory BOV was indeed leaking.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

dirtygalant wrote:yes that's exactly it - gee enthuzed you should know by now I don't talk trash :P
Yes DG, I do know that but I also had no understanding what the hell you were on about re BOVs and Compressor housings.
I'd like to hail you right now as a walking talking Mitsubishi encyclopedia.
King DG, we all salute you! LOL
How?