FS: sirius dash head conversion, link ecu etc

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
stariontron
I like starions more

FS: sirius dash head conversion, link ecu etc

Post by stariontron »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =308899333

here's my dash setup up for sale. its a little shabby looking at first glance, but i reckon the price is pretty good for what you're getting. questions welcome.
kushman
Big Dorifto

Post by kushman »

Im buffy from trade me whos been hammering u with qestions..:p

u keen to to take 500 for the lot? u know its gona be put to good use..:)

dont let some fly by nighter buy it for a ex lancer or sigma!
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

looks like its going to be a austarion shootout going off the first bid :beer
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

lol. I only really want it for the RWD manifold and Link ECU while I remain TBI - I'll be ditching it a few months down the track when I go MPI, and I could probably on-sell the head immediately. That's assuming if I even win it, I wont be bidding much higher.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
kushman
Big Dorifto

Post by kushman »

the manifold can only be used on a dash head.. i got a 8 valve ex inlet mani spare if u need one
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

kushman wrote:the manifold can only be used on a dash head.. i got a 8 valve ex inlet mani spare if u need one
If my memory is correct the dash head has the exhaust manifold the same as the 8valve with 4 ports and is interchangeable. The inlet manifold has 8 ports and is not interchangeable
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

OLD FART wrote:
kushman wrote:the manifold can only be used on a dash head.. i got a 8 valve ex inlet mani spare if u need one
If my memory is correct the dash head has the exhaust manifold the same as the 8valve with 4 ports and is interchangeable. The inlet manifold has 8 ports and is not interchangeable
yeah the manifolds bolt straight on... theyre not actually the same though, the dash one has a little deflector wedge thing cast into it, directly under the turbo flange, to help direct the flow upwards where it meets.

i think he was talking about the inlet manifold, someone else also mentioned theres a different between fwd and rwd inlet manifolds.

i'd better mention right now, im not entirely sure if mine IS a fwd or rwd manifold. i bought the set up probably 6 years ago, and i never saw the car it came off. it does have the rwd thermostat pipe, but that probably could be changed over. if you're satisfied that it is a rwd manifold, then great. if you need any other pictures to be certain, let me know.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

If it has the thermostat housing at the cambelt end of the inlet manifold, and the manifold tilts so the ECI unit doesn't run exactly on the same axis as the cylinder head, then it is a RWD manifold. My FWD manifold has the thermostat housing coming off the gearbox end of the inlet manifold, and the ECI unit sits at the same level as the cylinder head, so when run in RWD config the ECU unit is tilted backwards like the motor is, not that it will make much difference - I will be chopping up the FWD manifold to make a MPI manifold while I want the RWD manifold to just make things easier and look tidier when I run it TBI temporarily for the few months until the MPI setup is sorted.
ImageImage
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Thanks for telling me something I already know. I have a FWD DASH engine already - all I want is the RWD manifold (but not absolutely necessary) and the ECU purely because it's already tuned and running. I don't need the head, if I were to win I would happily sell it on to you right away, and if you were willing to wait I would on-sell the manifold and ECU also. I already have a megasquirt for when I go MPI, just it's going to be a few months down the line yet and I want the car running in the meantime. Another idea I have been thinking is bolting on my original TBI unit onto my FWD DASH inlet manifold and having an rpm switch activate the 3rd valve temporarily.
ImageImage
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

not sure about the manifold angle, but my thermostat housing is on the gearbox end of the manifold, so i guess that makes it a fwd after all... i always thought that the long pipe running to the front of the engine was indicative of a rwd setup, and that the thermostat housing faced the other way for the fwd setup?
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

ah true, I couldn't quite see it closely enough in the auction photo. Could you post up a pic of the pipe, does it look factory?
ImageImage
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

you can see parts of it in the last picture (alongside where the rocker cover is off) i wont be able to get pics up for a little while, i'm not at home
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

that's cool man - even so it's still worth it for the ECU and a spare TBI unit if my injectors turn out to be leaky etc. I have two factory DASH ECUs along with AFM and dizzy etc but no loom to go with them! I was going to scratch build a loom but your setup just seems easier as it's just going to be a temp setup anyway.
ImageImage
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

DG, on my gsrv the rwd manifold has the thermostat housing is at the back of the head near the gbox as well.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

oh real! that's very strange then. Are you able to take photos of the whole setup? I know mine is definitely a FWD engine, the ECI unit sits completely parallel with the motor and the thermostat housing sticks straight out from the head, would be very close to the firewall when fitted in RWD orientation.
ImageImage