WTB Starter motor.

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Ashgan
I like starions more

WTB Starter motor.

Post by Ashgan »

Hey guys, i think my starter motor is done for. Would like to get my hands on another working one for my JA...

Alternatively, if anyone thinks it might be something other than my starter motor then please shoot me a PM. Basically turning my key does nothing, even after a push start, so it's not a battery issue like i first thought.

Anywho, anyone who might have a startermotor lying around give me a buzz.

Cheers,

-Ash
Friends call me Ashgan or Ash... But you can call me failchanic. If there's a routine maintenance job that exists on a starion, then chances are i've failed at it.

First attempt fails include:
-Changing indicator light
-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

If you've checked the battery has good voltage, then it's more than likely going to be your solenoid - they normally give up before the starter itself.

If you plan to keep the car for a while, just buy a new one (Chinese crap is actually really good these days) - around $150 should cover it.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i've got a good s/h for $50 plus post :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

Solenoid ey... Isn't a 'sometimes' fix for this issue bashing your solenoid with a wrench and then trying to start her up? What does this thing look like so i know what to look for... There's a tubular bosch thingo near the battery that makes me think solenoid.

Red, i'll investigate further and let you know. Cheers man.

-Ash
Friends call me Ashgan or Ash... But you can call me failchanic. If there's a routine maintenance job that exists on a starion, then chances are i've failed at it.

-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

Yep, was the solenoid... Gave it a few bashes and got her started. Will i need a replacement? Anyone got any cheapo's?

-Ash

-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

Generally speaking, you don't replace the solenoid, you just replace the starter and solenoid together.

Yep, the problem will only get worse - to the point of not responding to the usual "bash it with something heavy" tactic.

They're very nice things solenoids....they give you lots of notice that their effective life is coming to and end.

I'd grab Redzone's s/h one if I were you - yours is giving you a clear signal that it's shagged.
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

Alrighty red, let's talk.

As always, appreciate the help guys :)

-Ash

-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut