FS: [SA] Tarmac Rally JA Starion

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
JJH
Enthusiast

FS: [SA] Tarmac Rally JA Starion

Post by JJH »

For sale: Bill Latskins' JA Starion

Condition: I'm posting this ad on behalf of Bill who is, unfortunately, quite ill at the moment. This is arguably the best Tarmac Rally Starion in the world, well at least Australia. No expense spared and comes with a heap of spares. Please see "Extra Info" below for comments from Bill.
Please forward all inquiries to Bill on his mobile.

Price and price conditions: See "Extra Info".

Extra Info: A recent email from Bill.
Hi Jeff,

Sitting at home typing this the day after Classic Adeliade has finished, lucky i saved this old email on my home pc as i havent been at work for some time due to illness. I know we chatted about specs and set up etc and you had a good safe run at tassie. Well my news isnt so good, i got very sick in late August, like a whooping cough type virus but into the 4 th month now and still very crook, docs havnt nailed it down other than rest and maybe have a year off work...i was trying really hard to get well to drive in Classic but just didnt happen, finshed up in hospital last week by over doing it. My Starion just ran in Classic Adelaide as i put another experinced team in the car to meet my RAA Insurance sponsor commitments. The boys ran well and put the car in the top half for most stages except an off on Sat put them out of contention , but they were back in the event sunday and ran strong to the end in a megga tough field, without damage thankfully and mechanically, tyres and brakes the car finished so strong it could go around again today!.

My question is this Jeff, my wife and i have decided enough is enough and to just spent the next year trying to get well so , yes the car is on the market. I dont want to go through all the advertisering, test pilots and haggling so i want to see if you have some interest first knowing you love these cars too. As you know the car has been professionionally built and painted ( car is all black, roof and bonnett are yellow stickers that all peels off) it has all the gun engine bits.sleeved block.. Aries pistons, eagle rods etc , brand new 2.4 head and 20g hybrid turbo, Autronic, multipoint, big injectors and pumpetc best seats , cage and harness i could buy, big USA style lsd diff, custom ally rad, intercooler etc, 3 piece Southern Ways Ralliart factory alloys, adj bars and adj tokico and springs set for tamac rally, also ralltrip and terrfone and I can go on and on but you get the picture, plus new spare head , recon turbo, spare gearbox, diff, wheels plus boxes of bits etc

The car owes me 50k and i was looking for about 25k.... that was before i got ill, mate i cant do the haggling and was going to put it in car sales and my105 for about 18,500 , hopefully for a quick sale.... all bull aside i was then going to take 15ish ... i just want it out the driveway and need to concentrate on getting better, so heres my offer. Take it away for 15k including everything and i know you will be getting a great deal of car for the money and i will have one less thing to worry about over the next year. If you have some interest ... please ring me on my mobile on 0417 882 781. thanks mate and cheers,
Bill Lakstins

Contact Details: 0417 882 781

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Please contact Bill.

A few pics from Classic Adelaide a couple of years ago:
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

Wow! :drool:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

man what a bargain!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Every now and then there are some real cool things that come up for sale!

This is Extra COOL!

If I didn't have 3 starions, I'd be looking at this!!

I wish Bill the best of luck with the sale and good health! Somehow, I think you need an interest like this to keep you going
and a diversion from day to day stuff.....

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

That's a wicked car, especially for that sort of money!
Takes the fun out of building it yourself and your way though...

Solution for the owner as he's already gone through the pain of sorting the car: He should sort his health then get cracking out there again...just keep paying the rego and take it out for a squirt once in a while...

My 20 cents worth Jeff.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Ausminx
[L] Plates

Tarmac Rally Starion

Post by Ausminx »

Have contacted Bill, One guy is in front of me to purchase but if finance falls through then I am next.

Poor guy is really sick and just doesn't have energy to compete at the moment.

Looks like a great car...
JB Starion 1985 Black 4G64 TD05 20G
Ausminx
[L] Plates

JA Tarmac Rally Starion *SOLD*

Post by Ausminx »

Bill rang and advised the car has been sold to 1st in line... as they say, 1st in best dressed. :(

Turns out it is the guy who drove the car in this years Adelaide Classic and loved the car so much he bought it! rofl

Good to see car goes to a deserving owner.

Look for it in next years Classic Adelaide!!! :shock:
JB Starion 1985 Black 4G64 TD05 20G
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Jeff I will take it on myself on behalf of the Qld Starion community to wish Bill all the best for an eventual recovery from whatever ails him and recovery to full health I,m sure his car has gone to a good home
Cheers
Rad
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

Bill brought this car down here to Mount Gambier last month for the annual "Lakes Hillclimb". Bill got quicker with every run until illness prevented him from climbing behind the wheel to finish the event. I had a chance to have a close look at this car & is just a work of art.

This car would be a bargain at 40k, so the lucky person who snatch'es this one is getting the bargain of the century.

Bill, if you're reading this, take it easy mate, & get well as soon as possible.

Cheers, panda
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Great car, sorry to hear about Bill. Good luck. I wish I had the money, this car would be so nice to race.