2 starion engines, used to own importers, 28years old 45,000

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Also, I struggle to see how an engine wrapped up in plastic for 25 years untouched, regardless how many kms it has done is going to be any better and demand a premium over any other engine. Just think how long those rings have been sitting in the same position in the bores, surely the oil would have degraded somewhat and sludged up sometime in that 25 years!

Dunno about everyone else but I would rather an engine which has been freshly running even if it's a higher km motor. Those 25 year old motors would only be good for stripping down and rebuilding with new rings/bearings etc as the pistons and bore wouldn't have worn down at all, yet there would probably be some surface rust developing on the bores at some stage.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

flav wrote:Check it out............ 05 turbo, compact exhaust, 4g62 def. Lancer/cordia (not this one tho) Tredia.... sorry people, NOT STARION.
This is a 1.8 L engine.

110kw @ 6000 rpm.

Everyone can thank Moz for going all the way out there to suss it out for us people. Good boy mozzie!! pat pat!
Yes I agree and water pump mechanical fan is not Starion!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

incorrect, some jap spec cars had a clutch driven engine fan, including the dash cars.

my guess is these engines are out of a pajero mini though.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Red baby, correct me if im wrong but a clutch fan in a starion would mean deletion of the thermo units,, which are run by the loom and that would mean loom deletion of that area, which kinda doesnt make sense. But I, myself have not seen a clutch fan staz with a g62 at all! This could possibly be one of those rare sigma eci turbo units? They had clutch fans, there is one here now and mate, it's not much fun as the starion loom is different to the siggy.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

oooh...and by the way...did sum 1 say dash? These are not dash engines.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

The only RWD cars to the have the G62B was the EX Lancer 1800GSR like this:

Jap spec Pajeros, Galant/Eterna Sedans and Galant/Eterna coupes like mine all had the G63B 2000cc, with the early models having clutch fan. There are plenty of jap spec Starions with clutch fans too.
ImageImage
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Pic shows cat converter dump pipe. Would this mean later model motor? Or did Japan have Cats fitted earlier then 86.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
kiwi_EX
I like starions more

Post by kiwi_EX »

Pic shows cat converter dump pipe. Would this mean later model motor? Or did Japan have Cats fitted earlier then 86.
My parents jap spec import 1982 Corolla (2TGEU motor) had a cat fitted standard.
1988 Mitsubishi Starion EX Widebody
1987 Mitsubishi Starion EX
1991 Mitsubishi L200 Double Cab Sport
2010 Holden Colorado Ute
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Japanese have not had leaded fuel since like.. forever. My 1980 Eterna certainly had a cat converter and an O2 sensor fitted from factory.

The motor is definitely early model though, the later model EX 1800GSR motors had a different rocker cover as well as being intercooled with a different crossover pipe to what the Starions had.
ImageImage
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

dirtygalant wrote:The only RWD cars to the have the G62B was the EX Lancer 1800GSR like this:

Jap spec Pajeros, Galant/Eterna Sedans and Galant/Eterna coupes like mine all had the G63B 2000cc, with the early models having clutch fan. There are plenty of jap spec Starions with clutch fans too.
I just got a monster boner

As for sitting for 25 years, yeah I had a enigne sit in a car in a garage for 10 and it's all muched up and surface rust ont eh cylinders, just slight rust, but everything on the engine that had oil on it is gummed up. The tensioner is stuck in. That is a g54b.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

errr...dude.. the 'monster boner' thing? .......waay toooo much information!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

flav wrote:Red baby, correct me if im wrong but a clutch fan in a starion would mean deletion of the thermo units,, which are run by the loom and that would mean loom deletion of that area, which kinda doesnt make sense. But I, myself have not seen a clutch fan staz with a g62 at all! This could possibly be one of those rare sigma eci turbo units? They had clutch fans, there is one here now and mate, it's not much fun as the starion loom is different to the siggy.

the dash GSR-V nose cut and front panels i acquired had an engine driven fan and fan shroud, and a radiator with no temp sensor in the bottom. and planty of other import starions i've seen have had engine fans aswell..

yes i realise they're not dash engines! i was referring to my point above..

the pajero mini's had starion type engines in some models, a lot of "starion" import motors are actually out of these. they had one in a front cut at a gold coast jap importer a few years ago...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Pajero Minis? They were just your normal SWB 3dr models but instead of the carb 2.6 or diesel 2.5T they had the G63B turbo. This shape:

This is a Pajero Mini, and came much later in the late 90s/early 2000s

ImageImage
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Mate had one of those turbo Pajeros, we hads to carry extra fuel tanks to the ski field lol. Was pointless.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i thought they had an earlier version of the mini pajero from early 90's? and they still ran the 8 valve 63...... my brother saw this one i'm talking about maybe he can shed some light on what it was..