turbo, exhaust mani + other parts for sale

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

turbo, exhaust mani + other parts for sale

Post by thrash »

tc05 turbo for sale - was modified and high flowed by pre vious owner. has some slight shaft play

exhaust manifold is also for sale, either together with turbo or separately

drivers and passenger side headlamps with pop up motors

distributor - not sure if it's a starion one or from l300 or something else. unfortunately not even sure if it was locked or not - car was running tbi, but with a microtech to tune for the high flow turbo etc. don't know if this info helps determine if it's locked or not

quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

will that manifold bolt the a 4g64 sohc head from the 80s?
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

it's the stock starion manifold from the sohc 4G63, so i assume it would, but i cannot confirm that

Can anyone who has used the 4G64 head shed some light on this?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

It will bolt straight up but if you want to get the best result then grind out ex manifold to match the larger ports in the 64 head which if my memory is correct are 3mm larger diameter
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

thanks heaps for the info oldie.. the forum would be lost without guidance from the likes of you :beer
quest wrote:
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

how much do you want for the manifold alone?

I think my van needs a turbo
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

airbats.. check your pm.. the manifold weighs in at 4.8 kg.. sea mail to US is gonna be 60 aussie bucks, airmail will be 95 aussie bucks.. how much it actually costs you will depend on the exchange rate at the time.. if it was today it would have been 40 us bucks or 62 us bucks respecitvely.
quest wrote:
richnke
Newcomer

Your distributor and vacuum advance

Post by richnke »

I am in England and run a 1983 2.0litre starion that is totally original and less that 30K miles. The vacuum advance has just failed and it is very difficult to replace in this country as not many starions were sold here and very few are left. If you can verify that your distributor will fit (part No. if there is one on it or any other way if anybody knows of one) i would happily pay u a reasonable price and the shipping.
If this is of any help the distributor No. in england is MD001633 the vacumm advance has a hook like connector to the distributor ( can be seen if you remove the cap and rotor arm) and when i removed the vacuum advance from the distributor there was a number 341 N stamped on the back of it in like a black ink.
Help
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

^ There must be a place in the Uk that repairs old fuel pumps, lift pumps etc
Look at the vintage/veteran car mags.

If not we can get them rebuilt here.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
Xentro
Mine is bigger than yours

Re: Your distributor and vacuum advance

Post by Xentro »

richnke wrote:I am in England and run a 1983 2.0litre starion that is totally original and less that 30K miles. The vacuum advance has just failed and it is very difficult to replace in this country as not many starions were sold here and very few are left. If you can verify that your distributor will fit (part No. if there is one on it or any other way if anybody knows of one) i would happily pay u a reasonable price and the shipping.
If this is of any help the distributor No. in england is MD001633 the vacumm advance has a hook like connector to the distributor ( can be seen if you remove the cap and rotor arm) and when i removed the vacuum advance from the distributor there was a number 341 N stamped on the back of it in like a black ink.
I know for a fact that physically the vacuum advance from a 2.6 fits, I'm not sure if they have the same spring load & part number though
Those vacuum advances all seem to fail because of age, so if possible get a new one..
-------------------------------------------
83 2000EX runner.
88 2.0 Black Widebody DOHC evo 6 turbo at 1.7 bar
88 2.6 White Widebody. spun a bearing.
06 2.0 Lancer Wagon. daily driver.
richnke
Newcomer

vacuum advance replies

Post by richnke »

Thanks for the replies guys. The vacuum advance from a 2.6 will physically fit but not sure if the pressure spring is the same have fitted a second hand one and local garage is about to put the car on a sun tester to see if effective. However it hasnt solved stumbling problem. Car will tick over fine but as soon as any load is applied it runs like its not getting enough petrol so hopefully garage will tell me why now?
With refference to fitting new or getting repaired. Mitsu. no longer have any new and you also can not get a distributor new with it on. Both no longer availiable.
I have searched the net for hours here trying to find anybody who will repair it but cant find a sole. If you have a MG or Triumph ( which i do spitfire 1966) vacuum advances availiable but even a lot of these are on exchange so if you have contact details for anybody there i would like the details.
Many Thanks for your interest. Andy
Help
Xentro

Post by Xentro »

getting a bit offtopic here, but if it stubles on load it can be that a fuel filter is blocked, or injectors need cleaning.
Can also be that the map sensor is bad / leaking.
I've had the same problems you describe and it turned out I had all the things mentioned.
83 2000EX runner.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

what if it stumbles off load?

sorry, i haven't had a chance to open up the distributor and look yet - hoepfully tomorrow
quest wrote:
Xentro

Post by Xentro »

thrash wrote:what if it stumbles off load?

sorry, i haven't had a chance to open up the distributor and look yet - hoepfully tomorrow
If that's the case I'd first check leads & plugs.
Then distributor cap & rotor.
And try the idle fuel mixture adjust (the black round thing with 3 wires on the throttlebody), could be that it's just running a bit lean on idle.
83 2000EX runner.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

it doesn't stumble all the time.. it's hard for me to pinpoint.. sometimes it does it on first start of the day.. sometimes it'll do it if i turn it on after it has already been running for a while and still warm.. if i drive it for a couple of blocks and then turn off and restart, sometimes it's fine, other times it will still stumble :wtf:

i tend to think something is faulty.. might be something as simple as a relay.. but i hate troubleshooting electricals..

hoping mpi will solve it.. even though i'm curious as to what it is..
quest wrote: