2.6 4g54 adjustable cam gear ... SOLD....

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
zippo
I've been here before

2.6 4g54 adjustable cam gear ... SOLD....

Post by zippo »

i have been asked by a freind to put this up .

**** $200 or best offer***** or he will pop it on e/bay ...

---please dont make pick it up just to put up pictures , i will email them to you if you are keen , just pm me -------

1 x MOOKEEH adjustable cam gear BRAND NEW , not used , imported from the states .

- AJUSTABLE CAMGEAR
- PRECISE CNC MACHINED
- ENGINEERED AND DESIGNED IN USA
these cost $199.00 US plus shipping $30 US delivery around $350 AUD

(our dollar is pretty crap at the moment and im heading o/seas :glare: )

from what im told they fit all sigma /magna heads and are great for cam dial in of re grinds or the roller type units found in the tr/ts magna .
these are not cheaply made or home made , i have no pictures as he still has it , but im sure if you search the net you will be able to see what they look like .

Price $220 , will post if req provided you cover the cost .

pm if interested , as stated , i havent got it and i need to arrange to pick it up ,
Last edited by zippo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Mookeh :x

(Recent experience here is that anything with that name on it wont fit/work/last)
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

ahhh really? i was thinking of getting the short shifter from mookeh eventually.. don't know if there are any others around
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

mookeeh? i never heard of them till now .
i popped on the web site , the stuff seems a bit over priced .
as far as quality , i dont know , so i will go pick it up , check it out and post some pics .

he told me his fellow sigma freaks have used them for years with no problems , and its the only available off the shelf unit , unless you make your own . they took them to an enginner to copy them years back and the cost would have been more than bringing them in from the states .

there is a crappy dull vermilion fire coloured scorpion that runs 10's via a draw thru system fuelled by a 600 holley , he runs one with a crow cam , i dont know the grind , as this car was built long ago , hence the fuel system .
Superscan
Big Dorifto

Post by Superscan »

CheaterParts makes an adjustable cam gear for the 2.6 Astron (he's in Melbourne). He just drills half a dozen dowel holes around the edge, that are offset from the original.
Spin the gear 1 way and you have upto +5deg, spin it the other way and you get upto -5deg.
Not as "PRETTY" or as easy to use as the Mookeeh one, but fully functional. You don't get to see it under the rocker cover anyway.

As for Mookeeh short shifters, I have one of his and can highly recommend it.
You just have to remember that 6th gear makes an awfull noise when travelling at 110kph (ie: no lockout on the reverse).

Cheers.
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

no intrest on here?

i also prefer the 4g63 over the 4g54 , but each to their own
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

zippo wrote:mookeeh? i never heard of them till now .
i popped on the web site , the stuff seems a bit over priced .
as far as quality , i dont know , so i will go pick it up , check it out and post some pics .

he told me his fellow sigma freaks have used them for years with no problems , and its the only available off the shelf unit , unless you make your own . they took them to an enginner to copy them years back and the cost would have been more than bringing them in from the states .

there is a crappy dull vermilion fire coloured scorpion that runs 10's via a draw thru system fuelled by a 600 holley , he runs one with a crow cam , i dont know the grind , as this car was built long ago , hence the fuel system .
I wouldnt mind seeing some pictures of that setup.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

SOLD......