Trademe Widebody

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
bigd
Enthusiast

Trademe Widebody

Post by bigd »

Not me - just spotted it. Apparently NZ new. Not likely. Not running.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 250060.htm
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

It has a rego and WOF sticker on the front so I'm assuming that it has been on the road in NZ sometime recently.
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

What do people thing this thing is worth? Or what do you think he will get?
I have room for 1 more but if some one here really wants it ( and not just to make a quick buck) I won't bid.
Love the question, Will you swap for a 94 sir prelude? rofl
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

To be honest I don't think there are enough people out there (who know what it is) to push this over 3K especially without vin and engine. If you have a 2L to chuck in it and it has minimal rust then I'd say it'd be a steal for that.
The interior looks real tidy. I'm pretty sure there were no NZ new wideys though. Would be a euro import. or maybe gsr-vr from Jap. It's got air-con and cruise control.
Do it!
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Im tempted to bid on it just cos its already RHD, but think id be divorced quickly if i came home with another one!!
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Lunacy wrote:Im tempted to bid on it just cos its already RHD, but think id be divorced quickly if i came home with another one!!
Isn't that why flowers were invented?
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Haha not when your wife already hates starions!!!! All the flowers in the world wouldnt cut it!!!
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Luckily my partner loves them to bits.... pity i don't have the money to buy one right at this point in time.... :cry:
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

FST4RD wrote:Luckily my partner loves them to bits.... pity i don't have the money to buy one right at this point in time.... :cry:
Flowers or Stazs :? :?
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

OLD FART wrote:
FST4RD wrote:Luckily my partner loves them to bits.... pity i don't have the money to buy one right at this point in time.... :cry:
Flowers or Stazs :? :?
Haven't got money for either.... renovating the house is costing me and arm and a leg :cry:
I have 1 good starion that only comes out every once and a while.... well buy the time I finish the house i'll sell it, buy another house and extend the mortgage enough to buy a widey from somewhere :beer
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Robin we can import 2 at once from the USA and put them and a heap of parts in a 40 ft container, make enough off selling the parts to cover the cost of shipping :D
buggyboy3
[L] Plates

NZ widebody

Post by buggyboy3 »

how much would it cost to bring it over from NZ?
iS there many import duties?\
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

bigd wrote:To be honest I don't think there are enough people out there (who know what it is) to push this over 3K especially without vin and engine. If you have a 2L to chuck in it and it has minimal rust then I'd say it'd be a steal for that.
The interior looks real tidy. I'm pretty sure there were no NZ new wideys though. Would be a euro import. or maybe gsr-vr from Jap. It's got air-con and cruise control.
Do it!
Oh yeah expecting it to go way over $3gs. I'd say its a private import, may have been new, Mitsubishi would never have bought in a 2.6 powered car unless for apraisal. The speedo should give away where its from, can't see it but if its a 180km/h dash then Japan as I'd expect a euro one to be in mph.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Lunacy wrote:Robin we can import 2 at once from the USA and put them and a heap of parts in a 40 ft container, make enough off selling the parts to cover the cost of shipping :D
Import a couple of euro wideys, RHD and all. They are cheap enough over in the uk. And parts are cheap enough too. :beer
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

bigd wrote:
Lunacy wrote:Robin we can import 2 at once from the USA and put them and a heap of parts in a 40 ft container, make enough off selling the parts to cover the cost of shipping :D
Import a couple of euro wideys, RHD and all. They are cheap enough over in the uk. And parts are cheap enough too. :beer
yeah and theres a NZ shipping company that ships cars to NZ for $1500NZD :D