Buying & Selling on Austarion - Sigma Turbzz

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Buying & Selling on Austarion - Sigma Turbzz

Post by dirty sanchez »

I have bought and sold many parts on this site over the last four years and up until now every person I have dealt with has been open and honest in every transaction. The parts have always turned up and have always been ‘as described’. I recently purchased a head from Sigma Turbzz (Paulo Miranda) that was described as being recently reconditioned and ready to fit, however it turned up incomplete and the machine shop described it as a ‘boat anchor’.

I have tried to contact the seller for two weeks and no reply. It is obvious on this occasion that I’ve done my dough. I would urge other Austarion members to exercise caution if dealing with this member.

In order to reduce the likelihood of this happening again, is it possible to have a reputation meter against users? I know that other forums have a similar system (even though it may be used for a different purpose).

Any ideas?
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

A few other forums have trade safe sections where you write who you have traded with and recommend but this is still not 100%
I would have traded with Oscar as his rep was great and then he did a runner :o I think sigma-turbzz is on sigma-galant aswell but as sigma-turbs.Maybe worth a try posting there.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Oscar did a runner? Wow! I didn't hear about this...
He seemed like a fairly trustworthy bloke. I suppose you really can't tell what people are like based on an internet relationship.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Re: ...

Post by enthuzed »

NachoMan wrote:I suppose you really can't tell what people are like based on an internet relationship.
Amen. No truer words have been said...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Dirty Sanchez, perhaps you can put this same post to the Mods under "suggestions" (even though they've possibly read it here anyway).
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I agree that we should have a trade safe section as it is very helpfull. Even if it isn't 100% safe, if someone has repeatedly stuffed people around, it starts to show. :beer
Sigma_turbzz
Lil' Dorifto

Post by Sigma_turbzz »

head was sold to me by stariongsrvr and descrbed exactly as ive described to you. i could hav sent you a boat anchor if you realy wanted.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Got one here, EU Non-Jet Valve in very very good condition. Pm me if your still interested.
That's how you advertised it. You didn't mention any caveat. If you didn't use it yourself, you should have said so.

You should at least offer to take it back (less postage costs) and provide a refund - this is the legal requirement.
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

So do you have the cam caps. If not are you going to refund my money?
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

There is alot of scamming on the forums these days... Part of the reason we started ZOOM spare parts section. I got scammed by starion cheff who sold me a turbo that was 'reconditioned not long ago' and we now use it as a wheel chok...we tried to get some money back but thats about when the fukwit dissapeared off the forums. A reco head is a reco head, its bloody obvious...if u sell stuff here to scam someone then u should be banned instantly, hunted down and bashed to a pulp, shot, spat on, pissed on, and made to drive a cordia for ever.....thats non turbo.
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

Sigma Turbzz - if you didn't know that the head needed the cam caps to be of any use, then that's OK. Mistakes happen. You refund my money, I'll send you the head back and everyone is happy. I'll even give you a set of (non-matching) cam caps so that it might be usefull to someone who is willing to have it rebored. I have sent you a PM with my phone number in case you want to give me a call to discuss.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

do it bitch...before u become a looser and a cordia driver.....i swear knuckle head, im bolting the bob jane t marts all rounders on it now.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

flav wrote:i swear knuckle head, im bolting the bob jane t marts all rounders on it now.
rofl
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

buying s/h parts are a risk , especialy if you dont see them .

honesty is what is expected but that word is sometimes non existent to some. i almost bought that head but changed my mind and went 4g64 to play with. you may be lucky and get your money back , but please dont be just as corrupt and offer to some other person just to get even
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........