found out a little about a group E car.........

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
redzone
racking my brains

found out a little about a group E car.........

Post by redzone »

wouldnt believe it, but tonight i was chatting to the owner of my local corner shop (he saw the widey and asked how long i've been into starions), and after a few minutes chatting about the car, he said "i actually owned one of the old race ones, bought it from the auctions in brisbane about 1988" and i went WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTT!!!

thought hey, i remember steve saying he traded one at zupps somewhere around that time. immediately asked if he had any of the paperwork or old rego slips stashed anywhere, no of course. he said it had been put back to stock looks wise, but was a bit of a weapon on the road. had roll cage holes here and there, and a few other little bits of evidence around it. car was a silver JA with a maroon leather interior.. steve is that your old car?? he said something about it being a team spare car or something.. not so sure that'd be right if it was a group e one..

he got rid of the car in the early nineties, it got caught in a hail storm and written off by his insurance company. he said it had a little rust starting around the plenum chamber in front of the windscreen etc so it might have gone to a wrecking yard :(

anyone with a silver JA with a maroon leather interior i'd be checking for cage holes if i were u, ya may be sitting on some history!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

No I don't think so.
I actually met the guy who bought my JB from Zupps (the old Fitzgerald car - it had the B45 Simmons and big Ralliart turbo and intercooler) the used car salesman at Zupps sold it to his mate as he loved it.

My JA (the factory group E car is in Melbourne with a V6 Ecotec crummydore motor in it). The young guy I sold it to in 1990 still keeps in touch and knows basically where it is after he sold it. There is a chance that the silver JA discussed here is the Ross Burbidge car which was sponsored by Toowong Mitsubishi (as I was in 89). There was definately no second factory group E car. Cheers Steve
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

groupAralliart wrote:No I don't think so.
. There is a chance that the silver JA discussed here is the Ross Burbidge car which was sponsored by Toowong Mitsubishi (as I was in 89). There was definately no second factory group E car. Cheers Steve
The Burbridge car was 2 tone silver over black . I met him when he was over here in 07 as he works 4 the same driver training company as me .
he lives in Japan & is involved in setting up a drift school there
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

OLD FART wrote:The Burbridge car was 2 tone silver over black .
Yes that is why I thought 'silver' as it would have been an obvious and cheap option of readying the car for public sale. As I did with the Ralliart car prior to advertising it. That is only a suggestion though.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

hopefully mark boxsell gets on here and can remember if that car had a maroon interior. not many JA's with that so could be a good identifier..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Maroon leather - ? I have never seen that before, grey and light brown was all I thought they come with. I have seen plenty maroon fabric JB's
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

^^ exactly. but it is out there..... rare as. only JA series one i think.

WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I'm picking it was the Brad Jones Group E, he had a silver one I think prior to the white Perrier car.

Have a photo of it stuck in a magazine somewhere, will try and dig it out. From memory it had 'Class" something or other sponsorship at the time
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

hcca's JA was/is maroon leather.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

groupAralliart wrote:Maroon leather - ? I have never seen that before, grey and light brown was all I thought they come with. I have seen plenty maroon fabric JB's
Series 2 JA's had the maroon leather and was a relatively common combination with the
silver and white coloured cars....
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

There is a set of maroon leather seats on ebay at the moment.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:
groupAralliart wrote:Maroon leather - ? I have never seen that before, grey and light brown was all I thought they come with. I have seen plenty maroon fabric JB's
Series 2 JA's had the maroon leather and was a relatively common combination with the
silver and white coloured cars....
wouldnt have been two tone though would it???? interesting....

groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

I am fairly sure the CLASS car was a JB - the one Tony Greig had a run in, it was also a Bridgestone car at some stage?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

was it a real JB or a JA done up to look like a JB though????

i might ask old mate if he has any pics.

WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Checked magazoine, Jones' car was white. Back to you guys
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.