Maxima Turbo Identification

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
BLOFLY
I like starions

Maxima Turbo Identification

Post by BLOFLY »

Non-starion related but thought someone might be able to help. I'm helping a mate of mine with a siezed turbo on his nissan maxima bluebird 1986 (vg20et V6 turbo). The flange bolt pattern is approx 73mm X 45mm, It has a "Dynamic" Tag on the center cartridge and has "Garrett ar .48" printed on the comp. housing. I don't know a lot about nissan turbo's but does anyone know what turbo these cars come with standard. I'm guessing it's a T25 or T3. Any help mightily appreciated.
nzgsr
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by nzgsr »

am pretty sur they have a t3 the vg30 was a t3 allthough i think some of the last vg30et had a t25
so mot much help sorry
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I think it is an aftermarket turbo... ?

http://www.a12-racingteam.nl/index2.php ... df=1&id=59
1985 JB Starion #157
BLOFLY
I like starions

Post by BLOFLY »

Good info there, The turbo is probably a stock replacement as it's shoehorned in and everything stock bolts up to it properly, From what I've found this model/motor seems to be a bit of a black sheep with not much info anywhere, prob because it wasn't released in Aus. and any examples are imports. Still ya gota love the 80's turbo cars though, Here's a pic for those interested--Image
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

I think some jap 300z's (around the z31 era) came out with a vg20 turbo and a vg30 turbo and rb20 turbo :beer