..so who watched the cricket?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

..so who watched the cricket?

Post by jrod82 »

:D
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

That wasn't cricket; my kids play on bigger grounds than the ones you guys have over there :roll:
Hardly fair for that group of suckers called "bowlers".
Well done to the kiwis though; hope that puts a rocket up the Aussies before the World Cup.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Oh this is a very underarmed errr underhanded thread LOL

Yeah watched it, bugger ..... talk about 'one day a peacock and then next day a feather duster'.

Well done Kiwi's - were unlucky in Australia. You played better than England all series except for one game and looks what goes and happens.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

looks like its gunna be south africa as number one rank going into the world cup !
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

:D Never miss a game. And those last 2 were two of the best.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Pathetic effort from Aus in the first game, but hat goes off to NZ for good playing in the second 2 games. Mere mortals like me with no pay tv had to listen to it one the radio.
I hope this really spurs us into doing something different (ie winning) in the world cup.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

Saw the first two at home (NZ), listened to the 3rd on ABC radio in Aussie because it wasn't on free to air.

This actually raises a very good point, the ABC radio commentators are very good so how come your TV ones are so ###*** bad? Slats was good when commentated at home a few years ago, now he is just as bad as the rest, whats going on

Love the result but fear it will be a while before it happens again
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

KiwiStaz wrote:This actually raises a very good point, the ABC radio commentators are very good so how come your TV ones are so ###*** bad? Slats was good when commentated at home a few years ago, now he is just as bad as the rest, whats going on
I have to disagree with you there, Greig and Lawry are tossers (actually I kind of feel sorry for Lawry, sad old prick) but the rest are alright I reckon. I think it's stupid having 3 in the box though, when Benaud is in the house he can't get a word in :(
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Haha yeah cant believe how well we are doing chasing at the moment!!!! All i can say is :D :D :D :twisted: :D :D :D :beer
lowlancer
I like starions

Post by lowlancer »

During the tri series, I actually thought the commentators were having a gag.

Way I read it was, they essentially want to slam the Aussie cricket team. I couldn't believe how one sided they were. I was expecting a bit but calls like
"He is the perfect cricketer", about Ponting, that's obscene. He;s bloody good, but nowhere near perfect. They just had horrendous double standards.

LOVED seeing us waste them though.