RIP Steve Irwin

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

RIP Steve Irwin

Post by SIR GSR »

Just sending out my condolences to the Irwin family and hope that they can find some light through this tough time.

He was an inspiration to many, and a great conservationist and ambassador for Australia....

RIP Steve....

CRIKEY.......... :beer
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

crazy hey... i thought it was a prank till more and more sites had it up.

It was amazing to see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin change and change all day
_

Post by rallidave »

goes to show you cant muck around off the fnq coast!!
seriously though i feel for his kids
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

im kinda sad to see that guy go. A stingray is the last thing that I thought would kill him.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

Post by shiftlockmotorsport2 »

was sad to here. ppl feel like they know him. Top bloke. rest in peace steve irwin. and my thoughts with his family
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

rallidave wrote:goes to show you cant muck around off the fnq coast!!
seriously though i feel for his kids
any coast really. sting rays are everywhere and most people don't even think bout them as dangerous.

For a guy who worked with crocs and snakes on a daily basis its sadly ironic that he is taken by something like this.

At least he was doing what he loved i suppose
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
spud
Dorifto!

Post by spud »

it was a shock to hear, thoughts go out to the family.
RIP mate.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I found out this in the first like 10 minutes, and I was so upset. My girlfriend wanted to work for him, and we were trying to make a game for him. Man it is so sad. I just can't stop thinking how sad it is for everyone. He was a top bloke. I was and am still going to Aussie zoo on Thrusday. Was looking forward to seeing him again. Damn, I guess I will just have to pay my condolences instead :cry:
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

well i guess all we can do is continue the fantastic work hes done for our wildlife, our environment and tourism

r i p steve, have a good one mate :cry:
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

I just heard that in the last bit of footage that was shot of the great Steve, he actually pulled the barb out of his chest before passing out.... :(:(

He was a champion til the end, and will continue to be a true Aussie hero.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I don't think we'll ever get to see that footage... ?
1985 JB Starion #157
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

I don't think we'll ever get to see that footage... ?
I hope they never show it out of respect for his family, thats not something that everyone should get, or want to see.

As far as us kiwis are concerned everyone i know is as shocked and dismayed at his untimely death as u guys in aussie are, our thoughts all go out to his family at what will be a very difficult time for them.
Many people i know have been to aussie zoo and have seen the amazing work he has done, and i just hope his family and the staff from australian zoo will be able to continue his work.
Huge condolences to all his family from all us kiwis.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

it kinda sucks that he died leaving behind so many scumbags that certainly deserve to go more than him!!

the prime minister for a start, and whoever created holden. :wink:

he hung around scary things that hissed for a long time, something bad had to happen eventually :(
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Zychion
I like starions

Post by Zychion »

I thought he was a fantastic ambassador for Australia. I want everyone to think that we're all crazy and play with deadly animals. My thoughts go out to his family.

P.s. I heard something very strange just recently, If you are ever hit with the barb your supposed to leave it in, as you can survive for some time. It's actually the bleeding after taking it out that will actually kill you.
ITVBass
[P] Plates

Post by ITVBass »

He was well known around the world apparently people knew who steve irwin was but not john howard.
He's contribution to Aussie wildlife and environmental conservation was amazing.
He will be missed
P.s. I heard something very strange just recently, If you are ever hit with the barb your supposed to leave it in, as you can survive for some time. It's actually the bleeding after taking it out that will actually kill you.
Yeah i heard this too and you see it on those medical T.V. shows all the time.