Turbo Outlander

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Turbo Outlander

Post by insane_clown »

I was thinking how gutless the family car is (Outlander) so I was looking to see what would be involved in making a decent car of it.
While I was looking at my options Mitsubishi has already done it, a turbo outlander. It's only out in europe at the moment but I'm hoping it will come out here so I can upgrade.
They say it has a detuned 4g69 evoIII in it and the turbo dosn't kick in till 3500rpm.
If it is a detuned Evo how easy would it be to undetune it :D

Just wondering if anyone has any info on it.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

what is a 4g69 engine??
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

I just copied this from a website.

The new 4G69 engine is based on the outgoing 2.4-litre 4G64 single cam 4-cylinder powerplant, but has seen a slight increase in displacement (from 2351cc to 2378cc) and the inclusion of VVT for more power and torque.

:beer
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

I just found this which should give you all the info:
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corpor ... 15E_08.pdf
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

What's wrong with Mitsubishi the Outlander turbo would be a perfect competitor in the market place to the Subaru Forester turbo :roll:

Why Mitsubishi Australia can't sell this car is beyond me.
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

I totaly agree.
The only downside I have with the Outlander is the engine power. I have said since day one that it needs a V6 or turbo.
The articles I have read that over in the europe is that they predict that the Outlander Turbo will give the Subaru a run for their money and it will get Mitsubishi out of the slum they are in on sales.

If they bring the Outlander Turbo to Aus I will be one of the first to get one.

JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Since they killed the Starion off in Australia we havent really gotten many cars that were above ordinary,,, Evos are the only exception..

Imagine if they sold the Turbo Eclipse here when it was in production. there would be alot less WRX on the road.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

3000Gt's wre pretty awsome, if not a little rare
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

We have those outlander turbos here in the states also, not quite sure on the engine though. Probably is a variant of the 2.4 though.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

I was just thinking today what would be involed in putting a turbo on my outlander.
There is enough room between the radiator and the engine to fit one just wondering what mechanicaly I would need to change.
This is just out of intrest.

mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

insane_clown wrote:I was just thinking today what would be involed in putting a turbo on my outlander.
There is enough room between the radiator and the engine to fit one just wondering what mechanicaly I would need to change.
This is just out of intrest.

I would say pistons and a ECU of some kind. Maybe with low boost it would be ok no sure compression ratio of the stock engine?
insane_clown
Big Dorifto

Post by insane_clown »

Compression ratio of Mivec 4g69 2.4lt is 9.5