Absolute Wanker

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Absolute Wanker

Post by Glen GSR III »

There is this guy who lives near me who has done a 'sick' custom job on a nissan 720 ute.

He has crammed a 180sx engine and box(i think) in it. not sure what turbo.

He claims that its pulling 300hp atw and the dyno guys revved it out to 9000 rpm. yea. I know. :roll:

As far as I know its a stocker engine (bar turbo)

I've concluded that this man, who is way old enough to know better, is a complete wanker.

Out of interest what would the capabilities for a 180sx engine be? (is it the sr 20??)
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

well 300hp at the wheels is possible with a stock turbo if he`s running 100hp of nitrous.........

but i doubt it...

and 9000rpm? if its an sr20 it better be a tomei or jun engine.. stocker? nope. hello broken rockers!

ca18? well they do normally hold together better than an sr at higher revs but 9000 rpm is abit out of reach for a stocker..

and either engine wouldn`t make PEAK power at those revs. so yes i would say he`s an.....

ABSOLUTE WANKER! rofl
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

The S15 Drift car we sponsor makes over 300kW at the wheels on stock internals.

I didn't think it was possible, but there's an article in a recent Hot 4s where they test Martini fuel in the car and the results are published.

Mind you, Theo's S15 drag car is the fastest in the world, so he knows SR20s. :)

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
Will
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Will »

I've seen (actually, I've even driven it) an SR20 in an S14 with stock turbo pull 190rwkW quite easily with front mount and boost increase + after market engine management. It ran out of injector flow due to stock injectors which what prevented it from making more power. This isn't a freak situation - 190rwkW is quite common with SR20's.

Another 30kW would make it 300hp. This doesn't disprove your wanker theory, but 300hp on stock internals may be possible, especially if the turbo isn't stock.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

will! your still around, i should come visit and see how the vr4 is going.

anyway, quite easy to make 200rwkw on a stock sr20 (gt28rs :) ) steve can attest to this. I can attest to how fast and sideways it goes. but no sr will ever rev to 9k, i dont think even the jun and all ones do it.
Will
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Will »

CussCuss wrote:will! your still around, i should come visit and see how the vr4 is going.

anyway, quite easy to make 200rwkw on a stock sr20 (gt28rs :) ) steve can attest to this. I can attest to how fast and sideways it goes. but no sr will ever rev to 9k, i dont think even the jun and all ones do it.
Hey CussCuss! I still prefer this forum over the VR4 forums. This forum has more character, but so do Alfa Romeo's....hmmm.

The VR4's in bits at the moment - just got the block/crank/head from the machine shop. May be going GT2860RS if I can make it fit OK. Feel free to give me a ring if you want to see the rebuild in process. I'm doing it at work.

Sorry about the offtopic, but yes, I agree with the 9000rpm comments too. They have a hydraulic lifter and rocker arms that flip out at high rpms.
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

9000 rpm on stock internall yeh, that was just b4 the rods cam flying out the side of the block :)

300 rwhp on stock internals, YES
300 rwhp on stock turbo. NO

Ash
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

300 rwhp is reachable depending on what sr20 turbo you have if you have an s15 bb gt28 with injectors cooler and management this isn't even too hard. It's still not a patch on the 4g though :twisted: hehehe. Allthough being in rwd with a robust gearbox it makes sense for conversions in any rwd car.
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Glenn lets have a bit of decorum in the forum.When i worked at the university one had to be politicaly correct so wankers became owner opperators :D :D
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

cant say i've heard that one... LOL
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

thats what i thought, hence the 180 sx engine i said in 1st post.

It is a CA 18 with stock everything cept turbo.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Glen GSR III wrote:thats what i thought, hence the 180 sx engine i said in 1st post.

It is a CA 18 with stock everything cept turbo.
The 180 came with both the ca18 and the sr20.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

talking about wankers (sorry to go off topic) last night I went around to a mate's house and another guy in a white capri turbo said he was doing 12.4s 1/4's. But he said it right off the bat, i wasn't even interested in his shitheap.

Does anyone know how to get time sheets from Calder for the last 8 weeks. To see the best time a white capri did.

Cheers Dave
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.