Now they've pulled out of the ARC too . . . . . . . . .

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Now they've pulled out of the ARC too . . . . . . . . .

Post by Mr Ralliart »

Just as I was still in the throws of trying to recover from the fact that the now very competitive Mitsubishi WRC Team isn't contesting for 2 years , now I find out that Les Walkden Racing/Ralliart hasn't registered an entry for the ARC. :glare: :? :x :? :( :cry:

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF and WTF .

Not only that , it seems that not only is it likely that Turbos will be banned , also 4wd and Rwd . . . . . so that leaves us with normally asperated front wheel drive WRC and ARC .

Gee , that'll be exciting :wtf:

And to add insult to injury , Channel 10 has reduced their Motorsports coverage down to almost nothing .

Looks like it's up to us to fly the flag :roll:
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

why would they ban awd and rwd? Bunch of honda fanboys running the show?
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
R3D
[L] Plates

Post by R3D »

no turbo's wtf?....... will be like racing in slomo......
no 4wd..... that will be interesting.... alot of crashes to watch in the wet stages :P
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

A rally-mad workmate was also murmuring about the FWD N/A rules coming in the next few years apparently to cut costs and to allow more manufacturers to compete.
Sounds damn poxy to me and I will probably end up tuning out if true.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

Good link Al . What a load of political B.S !

The amount of money and air time devoted to last years Footy re-runs and crap like that make this situation sooo annoying.

Yeah , the no Turbo for WRC idea was first floated about 3 years ago under the guise of 'cost cutting' but all the Teams (except the French) spewed coz it would mean that they'd have to basically build F1 engines to be competitive (and RAISE costs significantly). As well as reduce reliability . . .

This , and the new proposals obviously are designed to favour the French (coz they run the show) and other Euro manufacturers with their cute little N.A. front wheel drive lunchboxes .

The idea supposedly is to run this new Formula alongside the current WRC cars but I think we can all see where this is likely to head . . .

Having said that , I never thought that Rallying in Aus. would go down the gurgler like this as it's gained so much popularity in the last few years ! :?
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

does this mean that all the new rally games coming out will be poxy as hell as well? Hmm looks like rally is following the steps of nintendo, gun to foot.

(first comparison that came to mind... bloody nintendo...)
_

Post by airbats801 »

GOod time to bring back group b. Enough of this pansy crap, I wanna watch insanity!
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

airbats801 wrote:GOod time to bring back group b. Enough of this pansy crap, I wanna watch insanity!
haha hell yeah, i like the way you think...
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Ahh group b the days of porsche and ferrari battling it out in the bush not the racetrack and any manufacturer could build a 1 off supercar. :cry:
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

Porsche 959 gimme gimme gimme!!! :)

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

I want a ford rs200 evolution myself :)

A good way to cut down wrc costs, is to stop using those god damn expensive sequential gear boxes, which should be outlawed to begin with.
80's Hero
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

airbats801 wrote:I want a ford rs200 evolution myself :)

A good way to cut down wrc costs, is to stop using those god damn expensive sequential gear boxes, which should be outlawed to begin with.
Yeah, and ban overhead cams, oh and disc brakes...............:)

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

now come on, not even the group b cars rolled sequential. Takes more skill to drive a stick anyways. Thats gotta be one of their biggest costs too.
80's Hero
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

F%CK the ford rs200, i want a group B 4WD starion!!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au