where to buy simmons wheels?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
R3D
[L] Plates

where to buy simmons wheels?

Post by R3D »

in the market for some wheels(the first mod i have to do to my car...), redzone suggested some deep dish simmons and i seen the pic of the car 4 sale on the forums with em, they looks sweet and the dish is insane and i rekon theyed go good on my lancer.... so where can i get a set or any body got em 2nd hand in 4 stud (not sure bout offset)??? and do they come in 16's?

i know there pricey new.....

are there another style deepdish wheel that doesnt look riced out and at a decent price????
my car 4 who hasnt seen it has 13's at the moment and they look crappy

http://home.exetel.com.au/z3d/car1.jpg
http://home.exetel.com.au/z3d/mycar.jpg

my car 4 who hasnt seen it has 13's at the moment and they look crappy[/url]
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

New simmons will be worth more than the car is. I'd suggest keeping your eyes on ebay.com.au as there was a set of simmons for galant/lancer a week or so ago. Alternatively just get some polished sigma turbo 15X6" as they fit well and look ok. There are a few lancer owners on www.sigma-galant.com too.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

i actually quite like those wheels, although the colour does nothing for them. i'd remove the centre's, get them sandblasted then powdercoated silver or gold or something like that. old school cars can look quite cool on small wheels and those have got a bit of dish which always helps.

i'll try and dig up some nice pics of old mitsi's on small wheels to show you what i mean.

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

colt 16lImage

photoshopped celeste (not by me) with skyline rear lights:

EX lancer on 13 or 14" modular wheels (could handle being a bit lower):

and another celeste, japanese by the looks:

if you want more info on your car then there's a guy on the oldschool forums over here in NZ that has one and knows a fair bit about them. here's a link to his post about his car:

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2872

cheers
Matt
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Nice machine man! I love those older Mitsi's! There's a guy near me who has the sexiest Galant GTO! I want it!!!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
R3D
[L] Plates

Post by R3D »

what wheels are on the blue lancer??? they look good, i wanted mesh type with like 2inches of dish for the lancer tho
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

the wheels on the blue lancer are chrome modulars (commonly known as modgies over here in NZ). mangel made them originally but now they're made by cragar. they are fairly common over here, mainly on older stuff like ke20 corolla's and early mazda rotaries.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 518315.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 543862.htm

i like the look of them, they are quite a heavy steel wheel though and prone to surface rust if you don't look after them and polish them occasionally. this can generally be polished off pretty easy though.

as for decently dished wheels they seem to be pretty rare over her as well. i've been keeping an eye out for a while but nothing has really come up that wasn't stupidly expensive. i'll probably buy new when i've got the spare cash, performance comes first though.

cheers
Matt
R3D
[L] Plates

Post by R3D »

hopfully ill get my wheels next week if granville bobjanes send em..... there 16" black center chrome dish racing style... apparently i have to put em on myslef as there a defect on my car... but he said the 13x7's that are on it are a defect aswell...... 13's shouldnt be over 5" width or some shit....

and i seen about getting my old muffler ripped off and the hks 4" cannon i bought put on.... lol he said he aint giving me a reciept seeing as its a defect :/.....
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

By law, he has to give you a receipt. This "defect" excuse is not his problem as he isn't fitting them for you.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T