Calder drags

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Hey Chris, did you go to calder?
hi_psi
[P] Plater austaz

Post by hi_psi »

no this friday night 4 sure i hope hopfully pro-maz gets it ready
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

sweet, i might give you a call and catch you there. We might be running as well.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

flav wrote:sweet, i might give you a call and catch you there. We might be running as well.
Hmmm.... this could be interesting.
- el schmicko detailer -
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Our Intercooler still hasn't arrived! Its going to be another long night but we hope to be running the Ralliart car, The R1, The RS and rodger will be running his skateboard. But only if we get it completed in time, theres alot to do but it's going quite well as it is.
hi_psi
[P] Plater austaz

Post by hi_psi »

flav ive got a new puk cltch in it now and bigger eghus houseing back on car will b ready monday so i have to wait and tell these people wat im selling is wat i say there wankers chris collier beleavers relax his not(GOD)
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Who is Chris Collier? I keep hearing that name but dont know who he is...I have been in motor racing all my life and im not aware of anything that he has done. I even typed it into Google search and all i got was some poof who sings real bad songs. Who is this bloke?
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

flav wrote:Who is Chris Collier? I keep hearing that name but dont know who he is...I have been in motor racing all my life and im not aware of anything that he has done. I even typed it into Google search and all i got was some poof who sings real bad songs. Who is this bloke?
runs beyond the limit motorsport www.beyondthelimit.com.au , owns a 400hp car, has built many good engines/cars. :)
---------
TVR T350C
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

What 400hp car is it?
What races has his engines won?

I checked out the site but theres not much info on 'engines' appart from some mild street stuff and common sense mods. (which is all fine) but im expecting something else...so show me/tell me dammit!!
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

flav wrote:What 400hp car is it?
What races has his engines won?

I checked out the site but theres not much info on 'engines' appart from some mild street stuff and common sense mods. (which is all fine) but im expecting something else...so show me/tell me dammit!!
He's ok that guy. How many 300+HP at the wheels 4G63 SOHC posts have you seen? And if you say that's easy post a dyno sheet of a 4G63 SOHC engine you have done and I will check it out.
The guy genuinely likes the cars and helps people out if he can rather than just making money from them which is what most everybody else does.
hi_psi
[P] Plater austaz

Post by hi_psi »

300hp dyno sheet pfff big deal my motor on 15psi i made 267hp and if i boost the fucken thing it will make more i dnt wanna hear about chri collier good 4 him im happy 4 him but dnt lissen to everything u hear on this forum alot of people here have no money and a big mouth i dnt care my stazz is shit its slow no forges nothin i dnt care wat u's think iknow what ive got and at least im a real starion owner i drive my stazz on the road not at home billding up dust? ok soo when i c the 300hp machine then ill beleave it
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

hi_psi wrote:300hp dyno sheet pfff big deal my motor on 15psi i made 267hp and if i boost the fucken thing it will make more i dnt wanna hear about chri collier good 4 him im happy 4 him but dnt lissen to everything u hear on this forum alot of people here have no money and a big mouth i dnt care my stazz is shit its slow no forges nothin i dnt care wat u's think iknow what ive got and at least im a real starion owner i drive my stazz on the road not at home billding up dust? ok soo when i c the 300hp machine then ill beleave it
You still have to find 33+HP :D

Hey I made what I thought was a reasonable comment. Everybody has there own experiences.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

hi_psi wrote:300hp dyno sheet pfff big deal my motor on 15psi i made 267hp and if i boost the fucken thing it will make more i dnt wanna hear about chri collier good 4 him im happy 4 him but dnt lissen to everything u hear on this forum alot of people here have no money and a big mouth i dnt care my stazz is shit its slow no forges nothin i dnt care wat u's think iknow what ive got and at least im a real starion owner i drive my stazz on the road not at home billding up dust? ok soo when i c the 300hp machine then ill beleave it
Thats one big arse sentence.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I asked about a 400hp engine.....

Im not here to hang shit on anyone, just want to know who he is and what he's done, just interested as i don't know him. What's his username on the forum?

A 300hp engine i would think, given enough money, would be an easy target. All the engines i have built were no expense spared so getting hp is an easy thing... It's when everyone else plays by the same restrictions, as in real motoracing such as GRP.A then a good engine builder is only going to come second compared to a great engine builder. A 4G63B is something that can go very far but im yet to have a 'no expense spared' client for this particular engine. Too much power just leads to driveline problems anyway, so there is more than just an engine to consider when building up. I like the site that MRB1 has put up, this shows a true enthusiast and some of the other guys have nice sites as well. I noticed on some of pics that Starions had RE-CAR sponsorship. This company was once run by a friend called Brian Ginger and he was very active in all kinds of motorsport. I did his engines as well, car and boat, and it is extremley unfortunate that he died driving overseas when a bus cleaned up his car during the rally tour. He was a great bloke.

As far as helping people out that is what i do. You can roll up here anytime with any problem (call first incase im out) and we will fix you up and get you going.. most times it's free unless there's any parts involved, and then you only get a bill for the part, not fitting. Starions are about 80% of our work at the moment.

Anyway..enjoy yours and keep smiling. They are a great car.
Last edited by flav on Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tri26t
I love starions

lots of pots

Post by tri26t »

man you guys are makeing good dyno figures
you must have some good sh-t in and on those engines
mpi,fmic,turbo work,cam. Is there a big horse power
reading for a TBI, big exhaust staz.
now that would mean something to me ?.

http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/stock_st ... ting_2.bmp

pretty close to my daily driver.
Cheers:Phil.