To be written off...

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
goo857
Dorifto!

To be written off...

Post by goo857 »

Hi all,

The latest update on my car is that the assessor believes that it is not worth fixing and that it should be written off. I've had a reasonable figure suggested to me by my solicitor and I get to keep my car for a small deduction from the offer. I'm reasonably pleased with the outcome (only if I get my money), but it would have been preferable to not have had the P-plater clean me up in the first place.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Cheers,
Chris
JA Starion 1: SOLD
JA Starion 2 (modified front-end chassis, moved inches to the passenger-side for impressive dorifto-look) :( :SOLD
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

Wont you have a hard time registering the car now it's been written off?
C Fernance
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by C Fernance »

It can be difficult, but its possible. Thats if they even put it on the damaged vehicle register (sometimes if you keep it then they won't).

My magna was a write off, but i repaired it. When i went to register it i had to show the rego guy and the rta receipts for the parts i bought, as well as a stat dec. saying that i had done the work to repair it myself.
By day he is mild-mannered Chris Fernance, by night he becomes...ASTRON-man. "Defender of all things Scorpion, from the evil forces of COMMODORE-man"