$1200 for a starion

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

$1200 for a starion

Post by gotrice? »

Can you get a good starion for $1200?

i notice that most of these starions are around that price
http://austarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1950
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yeah, you get a mint one for that....NOT.

You get what you pay for, a $1200 one will most probably have a few issues or at least be a little worse for wear.

That said, I got this for less than $1200 and it has a fair way to go until it's finished. http://austarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1924
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

hey guys I bought Goldenboy's starion for $900 everything awesome but running on 2 cylinders. The good thing about buying a cheap starion is you can get the engine rebuilt by someone of your own choice. **cough** **cough** Chris from Beyond TL ** cough** and get it well done for around $2k then your up to around $3k you have a nice car with a 0km motor and for that much plus 1k on reg and other stuff....then your at $4k and there is not much on the road that could be you for that cost...and you could also beat alot of things.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Cheers Dave
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

$2000 lowest i would ever pay, if you cant afford a good starion, you cant afford to insure it.
1983 JA Staz
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

insurance ha

'hi, im 19 i want to comprehensively insure my turb*click* hello?'
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

re Insurance

Post by WANTSOM »

I agree with Gutter Rat on the insurance. The insurance companies are pretty rugged when it comes to turbo cars. We are not too bad because Marie and I are both over 25 and are lucky to have 60% no claim bonuses (we have an impeccable driving records so deserve it rofl ).

I would the view that if your under 25 then just insure 3rd party and try and get theft covered if possible). With the price of Starions still under rated and the reasonable availability of parts and cheap replacement cars so long as you dont bingle it big time your're likely to get it fixed a lot cheaper than the aggregated cost of insurance premiums + the excess.

With so many of them now modified as well, you bingle it big time, buy another one and transfer your good bits over and with the $3-4000 a year you have saved on insurance start again.

In other words, barring theft, unfortunately the poor old Starion is almost a throw away item if you bingle it too much. Its become cheaper to replace than to fix. much like a VCR really when you think about it. I agree also - $2-3K should get you a tidy, neat Starion. I paid $3k for very nice JB, with everything working, and a LSD, but with a tired motor so that gives you some idea.

Bloody insurance companies. They dont risk too much really when you think about it do they?

Cheers
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

i guess i was lucky, i picked up mine for $1500.
Needs a lil work though not 2 bad mechanically. It's cost me around the $600 mark so far and still a little more to go until its on the road again.
Depends on how carried away i get. :wink:
- el schmicko detailer -
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I picked mine up for $500, everything goes, no problems in 2 years, but the body is a bit shot.

Note to everyone, Engine/Driveline/ANYTHING ELSE, is alot easier to fix than a rusty body. Im in the market for a good starion body to put all my good parts into.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

ProZac wrote:I picked mine up for $500, everything goes, no problems in 2 years, but the body is a bit shot.

Note to everyone, Engine/Driveline/ANYTHING ELSE, is alot easier to fix than a rusty body. Im in the market for a good starion body to put all my good parts into.

how much you wanna pay bro?

im losing my license and i think its time to grow up a bit and start behaving my age. so my starion may be for sale. itl be minus wheels, p' plates and stereo. it still drives, its actually quite drivable now for some reason but the motor is pooed...
oz, here i come....