HELP!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

HELP!

Post by caboonatlarge »

was just wondering if anyone could helop me alittle
i hav a aold EX lancer.i was origanally going to put a 4g63t in it from a starion,but ive changed my mind due to the fact that the parts are so limited.
Ive now decided that i will put a sigma 2lt(4g52) or a 2.6lt(4g54).Everything bolts in fine whwen it cums to the moter,but im not sure what gearbox will work.The gearboxes that bolt up in the lancer are the starion gearbox,1800gsr box,1600gsl box and im told the L200 box bolts in too.My problam is what gearbox will go with what moter?
Ive got all confused now coz there are wide and narrow blocks and there are wide and narrow boxs??
Ive blown my mind now trying to try to get some info on it.Everyone seems to say a different thing.
Also was wondering if there was such a thing as a 4g63 non turbo? or non injected?I dont think i hav the experties to fit a turbo or injected moter,thats why im going for a carby.

Any info will be so good.

Thanx

CAm
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Hey man.

I sold my lancer a while back, it had a non-turbo 4g63 SOHC from a sigma. Its an old carby motor. They're seriously a dime a dozen, buy a whole sigma (maybe $500ish?) and put in the motor, gearbox and diff, and get the driveshaft shortened to fit. Most of it should fit in without any issues.

That car was a real little stormer actually... It had cut springs when i bought it however, the ride was a bit nasty. Pulled a good skid however.

caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

Post by caboonatlarge »

Thank you so much!!.Its taked me so lonmg to actually get somone who actually knows wat they are talking about and who has done it b4.Do you know what model of sigma the 4g63 is out of?i got the impression from other ppl that there are only 4g52 and 4g54 in sigmas?And are you sure that the sigma gearbox and diff bolts in sweet?
Im actually from NZ,so sigmas are even cheaper that $500 lol
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Wouldn't you use a 2.6 sigma and all it's bits? A few more cubes for a little more grunt. I believe sigmas were 2.0 or 2.6 depending on year, model etc.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Actually, im not sure of anything, i bought the car with the engine already in it, and never really went into the fitment, i didn't intend to own it long. Its definatly a SOHC 4g63. This one also ha d a ground cam, and the balance shafts removed, with extractors aswell. That probably helped its performance a bit. All i know is that it *can* be done. Model of sigma you want are the sig UGLY ones, i think around 82ish? Definatly had a 4g63 SOHC 2l in em.
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

Post by caboonatlarge »

oh ok.Yeah the moters go in fine,its the gearbox that i cant figure out.Was anything modified that you know of?Like was the shifter hole changed or anything like that.Im also pretty intrested in putting a sigma diff in too if its possible.Mines stuffed
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

Post by caboonatlarge »

you got anymore pics of it at all?
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Gearbox hole wasent modified, but it should have been, the gear-lever was just hitting the rear edge when you had it in 4th. This was in another guys thread aswell, might want to check it out:
http://mitsi61.freeserverhost.com/galle ... p?album=13

pay attention to the enginemount in this pic, im pretty sure its not ment to look like that. Maybe the engines dont bolt in perfectly? Im not sure alas.

caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

Post by caboonatlarge »

yeah i hav talked to the guy that has done that othewr lancer and its a 4g63t with a 1800gsr gearbox and running gear,hydrolic clutch etc,so its kinda different.
i think i mite look at putting a 2.6 with the same gearbox you hav got or a 1600 lancer one.
Is it also possible to put the sigma diff in as well?
Do you mena the diff head or the axle?