Dodgy POLICE - THE STARION POLICE (oink) MAGNET!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Dodgy POLICE - THE STARION POLICE (oink) MAGNET!

Post by madeofmilo »

Some of you may be aware of the TMU (traffic management unit) here in Victoria...after having a starion for 6months having over half a grand in fines and been pulled over so many times I can't remember I know all the Police Force TMU officers by name. They Know me how? My car.

It was a wet night doing a u - turn on a hill. As you know Starions need a few revs to take off up hill. I went around the u-turn and the wheels spun...no problem I continued to drive normally after correction.

Constable plod pulled me over...and here's what he go me for.
Wheels Spin - Vehicle Sideways $135 (0 points)
No P - Plates $105 (3 points)
No "LPG" sticker on front license plate $165!!!!!!!!!! (0 points)
and said "your lucky your not getting a canary for your loud exhaust"

Actually I thought "I'm lucky you didn't look under my hood :) !!!"

So anyway heres the point of the post...whats the most rediculas thing you've been pulled over and fined for?

p.s turned left at 8:40 - not allowed until 8:45 so I got fined $105.

cheers Dave
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

LPG?
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

LPG - for those you who are leaded freaks / unleaded. LPG is the petroleum thats cost about a 1/3 of yours. Nah my starion runs on LPG (liquid petroleum gas) it's pretty rare I guess...I'll post stickers.

Vic laws states you have to have this tiny red sticker that says "LPG" on your number plate...or you'll get a warning (or $165 fine!)
cheers Dave
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

I know what LPG is, I just never knew that anyone had a Starion that ran on it. :o
How does it run on LPG by the way?
The stickers are compulsory here too.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Funny things cops have pulled me over for. Lets see.
Firstly I was obviuosly driving my Starion, I was in my Security Uniform and I was slowly driving though Surfers Paradise watching the outside of some of my buildings when I drove past the police I noticed that they started to follow me. After about 5-10 minutes of following me (I was just contiuing doing my job) as I pulled up to fo into the basement of a building, the cops pulled me over. When they approached me they asked me a few questions and said that I looked suspicious. Even though they were staring right at me in uniform, they didn't see that I was a Security Guard. I said to them What the hell do you think I am doing? Wearing a security uniform so that I can break into buildings? Go away. The got annoyed but they actually said sorry and left.

Another thing was I was driving through surfers paradise working again and I got stopped by a RBT. Anyways, I talked to the chick because I knew her from school and anyways, I drove off and about 1 minute later, literally, I drove back the opposite way and got pulled over again. What the fuck waws she on. She knew it was me and when she got to the window whe said "Hi sir have you had anything to drink tonight? Oops sorry, didn't realise it was you!". Bloody cops.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

been pulled over by an RBT twice, defected twice from RBT... i try not to drive anywhere i don't have to anymore... put me off going mpi as well
_

Post by kiwistar »

Damn dirty police,
Was following the wife in to my mates place so the Starion could come off the road. Went through a checkpoint - who do they stop - not the Starion but my innocent looking shaggin wagon.
BTW the Staz did have an expired WOF
See the Starion doesnt always attract police attention.
It wasnt me, nobody saw me do it, you cant proove a thing
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

On LPG is runs alright...as you can imagine my fuel economony isn't fantatic, I get about 16L/ 100km on average. But with the price of LPG it's fantastic. As for performance I feel it is quite average. I've only been in one other starion which had 220kw at the wheels so I found the starion to be even slower after that.

I want to mod the car but my budget doesn't allow much as I've already done the exhaust and air intake...not much left to do unless I wanna intercool and crank up the boost. Anyway I'll post pictures of the LPG setup when I get the car back from being rebuilt...dam rebuilding no starion for a month as I cruise in a red barina...ohh the shame.
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Pulled over twice in 1 week for no front number plate!

Much to the cops embarressment, they look down and see it there.. thank god they were quick to let me go otherwise i probably would have had a few more interesting ones..
8 2 ' M i t s u b i s h i S t a r i o n W i d e b o d y
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Theres a yellow sticker on my windscreen...

Post by hoongirl »

Kelfy has a really good one to share with y'all - might take him a little while tho. LOL
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Re: Dodgy POLICE - THE STARION POLICE (oink) MAGNET!

Post by TD05 »

madeofmilo wrote:
So anyway heres the point of the post...whats the most rediculas thing you've been pulled over and fined for?

cheers Dave
doing 98k in a 60 kh zone :D
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Re: Dodgy POLICE - THE STARION POLICE (oink) MAGNET!

Post by jrod82 »

TD05 wrote:
madeofmilo wrote: So anyway heres the point of the post...whats the most rediculas thing you've been pulled over and fined for?
doing 98k in a 60 kh zone :D
Once I got pulled over, at the time I was doing about 140kms in a 100 zone.. the cop got me at 116kmh so I wasn't thaaat annoyed - it could have been much much worse.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

121km in a 50 zone...

dead straight road, no houses at 5am......

i lost my car, my license for 9 months and $1200 fine + costs.

ah well.
oz, here i come....
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

lost my license twice for speeding many times, Now i am cautious heh.

But i deserved all my fines. however not too long ago they changed the residential zones to 50kmh from 60kmh and got pulled over and fined for doing 10 over then the cop said i had a nice car and continued on his way.

Cheers
Ben
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

Camotec wrote:lost my license twice for speeding many times, Now i am cautious heh.

But i deserved all my fines. however not too long ago they changed the residential zones to 50kmh from 60kmh and got pulled over and fined for doing 10 over then the cop said i had a nice car and continued on his way.

Cheers
Ben
what a nice cop, I was pulled over for speeding once but got off because we were going to a funeral, (it was true)

:D
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ