Got a new STICKER for my car!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Got a new STICKER for my car!

Post by decoy »

a nice yellow rectangle sticker on the drivers side windscreen... F$*K!
_

Post by C Fernance »

It's no good telling us you have been defected if you don't tell us what for. Or is the list too long to type out? :roll:
By day he is mild-mannered Chris Fernance, by night he becomes...ASTRON-man. "Defender of all things Scorpion, from the evil forces of COMMODORE-man"
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

well, it doesn't matter anymore cos its a full inspection which means i can think of another 5 things to add to that list :(

sirius getting me a belated bday presend of a rubber cap for the bov : might have some small wheels lined up as well. dunno what ADR's are? gotta find out how the gauge can be approved. lights and windscreen = bs. i don't know the rules on intercooling.? timer, controller, seatbelt, zorst etc
_

Post by hcca »

"All ADRs to be complied with"

Good luck! :)
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

Pardon my ignorance but...

1 what is an adr?

2 whats wrong with having a bov?

3 remove gauge? :?

4 whats wrong with ya wind screen?

trivia time
don't know about oz but in nz if you fail your wof due to worn door hinges. Take the doors off and go for your warrent again. There is nothing in the regs about your car having to have doors. (funnyley won't work on starions)
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

ADR = australian design rule
BOV causes noise pollution and messes with the air/fuel ratios (can cause a bit more pollution - minimal, but they can still do you for it)
guage = i think he must have a boost guage or something mounted on the dash, which can be illegal if it sits above the bottom of the windscreen (obscures vision)
windscreen - i dunno, but most roadworthy joints like making you get a new windscreen to be a pain in the arse
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

deeks i swear that is the same hand writing that my copper had who deffected me....hahahaha........

bring the bit past monday for ya...we gota get you back on the road so i can make some money on ya slut ass... :pimp
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

come past anytime sirius.

Aus Design rules... why the hell would he write that? because it is intercooled? or cos of the hole in the airbox maybe? bah, why do the cops act so nice while they're fcuking you up the a$s :cry:
_

Post by ProZac »

Damn man, that does indeed suck! :( The police officer is just doing his job, but its hard to not get annoyed at him. If it was in NZ, a cop would be more likely to compliment you on haveing a nicely modded, tidy car (while writing out a speeding ticket).
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

here here Prozac

Lucky we don't have to worry tooooooo much about those sort of things ova ear

Chris thanks for the expinations (being blonde does have its diadvantages)
rofl
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

The cops will put "comply with ADRs" on any car that looks slightly modified. It gives them an excuse to go over your car later with a fine tooth comb and search for anything that breaches the ADRs, like suspension height/fittment, wheels, tyres, brakes, ANY engine modifications (which will generally require an engineer's certificate).
Any increase in power from stock requires engineering to ensure the running gear and brakes are adequate to handle it.
Apparently it is also against ADRs to have programmable computers in your cabin to prevent it being tuned or modified whilst driving. The way to get around it is to just run the tuning cable into the engine bay somewhere.
Have a look at the ADRs on the road traffic website, it should be there somewhere. Quite interesting to see some of the rules. I had no idea 17" wheels are the maximum allowed on a vehicle unless the car was designed to have bigger wheels (factory fitted), and the thing about the ECUs, It's also illegal to have cut springs :)

Dunno how modded your car is, but good luck man.

Steve.
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

DAMN dude that sucks big time.
Were u being "risky" with your driving again?
Lucky you could get to that cruze before it happened.

The crack in windscreen is a bitch. I paid $220 for new one in silver car.
put a small boost guage in factory position(thats what I do next)
Wheels and springs? hmmmm
Intercooler, just remove it.
Get your mum or girl friend to take it to the inspection. My mum took GAGDGET and they didn't ask a single question. What would mum know any way? (the location of mods and engineer report)
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

BOV, does it every time. dont attract attention to yourself and this wont happen :P

Cops have to shit you. Not as stylish as a guy in my old car club, had 3 defect stickers on his 200sx.
1983 JA Staz
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

Ohhhh mate that sucks! Got any mates who do the inspections??
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

deeks...doesnt matter if your intercooled...the inspection guy for my car complemented me on my setup.... an i dont think it matters about the air box coz i passed with my air box cut
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------