Camotec Productions : Video 1 of 1000

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Camotec Productions : Video 1 of 1000

Post by Camotec »

Hey Guys,

Enjoy this video of Dirty Sanchez's SR20 Starion Against a Toyota Celica GT4 Rally Car. The rally car decides that throwing the car into the corners sideways is faster for him heh. :beer

Steve Drives very well in this lap. While Eric Banna and Me chat in the background. Eric loves his car racing. he has a Cooper S himself, and a modified Capri, dun laugh it goes well.

BTW I would Right-Click the link ans Select 'Save Target As' because stream won't work that well unless your on a 1500 connection, due to the resolution of the video.

http://users.tpg.com.au/camotec/stazgt4.avi

NOTE: This Video Requires the DivX Codec, if you have problems viewing the video download the codec from http://www.divx.com. Oh and the Movie is 25mb in size. :twisted:

Cheers
Ben
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

Cool video and soundtrack :P Go the staz!
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Yeah thanks man, Go Prodigy!
Very Quick Server Grab it people
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

nice, good to see starion showing the gt4 a thing or 2 even if it does have a dirty sr
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

The GT4 was on rally tyres, so not really a fair showing.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Actually I don't think it was on rally tyres that day. However it was running a 34mm restrictor.

Flappa,
Thats what its all about though, A person/team comes to a track event with their car to pit it against the clock and competitors in order to win. If their car isn't suited to the day thats unfortunate but not unfair. their choice. Don't you agree?

The GT4 was a very schmick car it had all the goods including a roll cage a kid could get lost in. Can't wait for the upcoming track day. BTW do you need a tagged Fire Extinguisher for a free track day?? if so do you know which common outlets sell the 'tagged, dated' cams certified extinguishers? I used to have one but it is out of date by far now and I left it in bathurst.

Cheers
Ben
Last edited by Camotec on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

As far as I know you don't need a fire extinguisher for open practice days.

*edit: but it's probably a good idea anyway. Just grab one from Bunnings or k-mart or similar.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Righto, I will grab one this weekend when in Bathurst
So cookie anyone else coming down with you from sydney??
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Doesn't look like it. :x
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Thats alright man, it will be good to have a practice session with ya anyways. there are a few starions coming from canberra
and Cuss Cuss is showing up to spectate as well as a few other people.
Will should be coming as long as his car stays healthy.

There should be about 7 Starions there in total and about 4 on the track. not a bad turnout really.
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

No, thats not what it's about. You run a club event for the enjoyment of it, not with the aim of winning, if that happens then it is a bonus. I'm not talking about what is fair or unfortunate or whatever, I wasn't running and even if I was I wouldn't care either way. But if someone does well then by all means they deserve some credit.

However, I know that GT4, I've competed against it rallying and what I meant by not a fair showing was that if it had been on some decent rubber it would have been a lot more competitive. I heard it was on rally tyres, however like I said I wasn't there. But I can say from my experience, having driven a rally car on tarmac with rally tyres it's a lot of fun, but it just doesn't work. Once the tread blocks start to overheat it's all over, absolutely no grip at all. So what I'm trying to point out was that for crap rubber, the GT4 did well.
pink_bits
*** Half Century Post ***

well done

Post by pink_bits »

well done Camotec i think we all like it!!!!
:drool: :beer :drool: :beer

Thanks Simon
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

This was a round of the supersprints. so wouldn't most people be competing for best time they can do, and ejoyment is a big part of it obviously. I think the GT4 did great too, but this is a starion website.

Maybe some comments i made were bias to starions.

Anyways I just posted this video for the starion lovers here because of the lack of staz vids out there. I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Cheers
Ben
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

Enjoyment should always come first, otherwise you shouldn't be doing it!

I agree completely that the aim is to go as fast as you can and I understand your point, but you can only do that with what you have to work with. It's just usually nicer to say if a car has a significant advantage/disadvantage over the other in that kinda 1 on 1 situation, like if one starion was on full race slicks racing against another starion which was on road tyres, it's not exactly a level playing field, if u get what I mean?

Vid was excellent btw :beer
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i'll kick your ass anyday flaps!
_