my cars situation update..

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
androoz
Enthusiast

my cars situation update..

Post by androoz »

ok after so long some good (well, kinda) news..

the guy who i hit tried to tell his insurance that he was sitting in the right lane trying to park.. but after all this time of me and both insurance companies waiting for a written version of his story, he now told the truth. he states that he was sitting in the left lane.

heres the twist..

he now tries to get out of it by saying that i was SPEEDING.. on an uphill part of the road.. this jerk is just full of suprises :x

anyway.. today just car (my insurance) calls me up telling me what i just told you above, and also told me that they offered to pay 60% of my repair costs.. ppft.. my insurance lady told me she rejected it straight away.. she is trying to push it to 100% which she thinks is very do-able, as she tells me speeding is very hard to prove.. even though i left skidmarks.

so yeah i just wanted a few opinions.. looks like they are gonna lose right? they admit to being on the left, they offered 60% of my repairs.. looking good for me isnt this?

oh yeah and another thing.. do insurance companies offer a pay out as in pay you based on a few (how many exactly?) written quotes and you can use that money to fix the car yourself? if so, id most likely take this option..

andrew
pink_bits
*** Half Century Post ***

about ur car

Post by pink_bits »

andrew,
about 3 quotes most joints wont but some wont more and some will say 2 go 2 the place thay tell u and u got 2 listen 2 them if u wont i know some shops coz im a spray painter and i can get them 2 put more on 2 cover ur cost lolz :wink: thats if u wanna do it that way ne way im in deer park so it wont be far 2 meet :beer :beer

Goood Luck Simon
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

I got the money to get my car fixed, but i have heard of some companies making you use their repairer and they pay them directly.
I got the cash which meant i could save a bit, and get some other stuff done at the same time which works out lots cheaper
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

It depends on your level of insurance and your insurance company. If you have comprehensive, most places will pay the repairer direct so you can't just get the money and fix it yourself. Other levels of insurance may vary though.
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

im on 3rd party.. so im assuming they wouldnt really mind paying me?

if they decide to pay me, i'd take the money, but the fibremaster front bar (like cookies) and get a panel shop to beat/paint the damage and pocket the rest for all my troubles..
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

In the case of 3rd party they almost always send you a cheque. If they just have an old bomb a lot of people just pocket the money and drive their car the way it is.
C Fernance
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by C Fernance »

dirty sanchez wrote:In the case of 3rd party they almost always send you a cheque. If they just have an old bomb a lot of people just pocket the money and drive their car the way it is.
NO!!!! :shock:

Ohh wait, i've done that a few times myself. Best was in my yellow Scorp when an excel hit the back of me. Got nearly $500, before fixing it, and getting another bumper for less than $50. Made a good profit on that one!!!
By day he is mild-mannered Chris Fernance, by night he becomes...ASTRON-man. "Defender of all things Scorpion, from the evil forces of COMMODORE-man"
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

sweet.. now all i have to do is wait till they offer A LOT more than 60%..