lower shore performance

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Justice
Lil' Dorifto

lower shore performance

Post by Justice »

I am after a throttle body kit for my JB and Dave Cox informed me of Lower Shore Performance in the States, but I cannot find them on EBay or Google. Does anyone have their email address?

Mike
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Are you looking for the gasket kit and throttle shaft seals??

Gasket set and injector seals: Standard Motor Products Parts# 1529

Goes for around $23 and can be found on ebay, Amazon, and RockAuto.

Throttle shaft seals are a standard seal type and can be found at any industrial supply. Been years since I've messed with it, but the size is 10x20 if I remember right. LowerShorePerformance lied about having some custom made to generate sales.

As far as LSP, he was starting to sell all his Starion parts and claimed to be "getting out". That, and a poor feedback/customer service issue would make me want to stay away.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Hey Rob,
Surprised to hear about that on Lower Shores Performance ie., Brian :shock:
I bought a kit and some lines from him some years ago... and he did his best to help explain for DIY'ers.
Also, has done a great service on porting out those throttle bodies etc but yeah, I am surprised to hear the bad feedback.

Anyway, Mike, if you have trouble getting one from ebay, please let us know as I have one in reserve.
They are over US$30 on ebay these days and the cheapest shipping is around $25. I bought a few of those throttle shaft seals as well....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Standard-Mot ... 136wt_1193
:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Justice
Lil' Dorifto

throttle body kit

Post by Justice »

Hi Mal. Thank you for that. Robert was most helpful in placing me with the right people, however, a $23 part cost me $55 in postage which I think is extrangant as it cost me $40 in postage from the USA for 2 front fog lights. They will be here in 6 days.
Cheers
Mike