Sun Cancer

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Sun Cancer

Post by OLD FART »

Was wanting to dispose of some building materials so I phoned one of my ex apprentices today and was shocked to be told that he had delayed to have a mole on his hip removed in time and it spread to the brain .Has had 1 tumor removed but the 2nd one is being treated witha new trial drug.
Had a close call a couple of years ago and have 6 monthly checks.This is a deadly desease that has resulted in the deaths so people I know including-my GP, surgeon, foreman , brickie, blocklayer , electrician ,Father in law and my daughters fiancee, all of them passed away far younger than me.
Be safe and get yourself checked ASAP BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY!!
Last edited by OLD FART on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

After coming too close with a melanoma myself, I now only deal with a skin dermatologist at least once a year. Supposed mole clinic/skin clinics may well be okay but get the expert on the job if you can.
Last word of advise - if you don't ike the look of a spot or it is new : GET THE BLOODY THING CUT OUT!! DO NOT WAIT OR EVEN ACCEPT "it is not one to worry about, you will die of old age before you die from that"
Slip slop slap
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

^^^^^^^ good advice :beer
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Not that you can always see them, under your foot, your back. Good to get checked out regardless of your skin type or covered in freckles.
:beer
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

the sun has cancer?
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

This isn't a joke. Its pretty serious. My wife had to have one taken out. It wasn't too serious, but getting it at just 25 years old is pretty bad. We get checked out every year, but you would be surprised how easy it is to have a bad one. Just be sure and don't play chance with your life.
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Skin cancer a big problem in tas mick? I would think it should be. Just curious :beer
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

funnily enough we've got a hole in the ozone layer over tassie and most main landers cant handle it on a hot day.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Being a builder and being out in it every day for the past 33 years I get checked regularly, had a few cut out here and there. Got checked last week and all was good. If you spend your working life in the sun get checked every six months. I must admit to being pretty slack with sun protection, a habit of being older and growing up when the sun wasnt such an issue, actually the sun was just as bad an issue its just we didnt know about it as much.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i'm black.

well... darkish brown..

we don't worry about this kind of stuff.

but we should...

can any GP check you out? or do you get referred/go to a skin (cancer) clinic? I've never been checked in my life..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Mick wrote:funnily enough we've got a hole in the ozone layer over tassie and most main landers cant handle it on a hot day.
Nice to know that i'm a stinkin' main lander mick!?