Why I love Austarion

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Why I love Austarion

Post by OLD FART »

I am logged in to a few other forums and am shocked at the amount of flaming and profanity on one particular site that I will not post there.
If one has to use foul language to emphasise their point of view IMHO there is something lacking in their character as well as their command of English.
Here we can agree to disagree and have a rational discussion without all the A,F &C words as well as getting helpfull info from members who have done it all before.
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Totally agree Rad, everyones pretty civilised on here most of the time whereas on some other forums - man they are pretty bad!
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Oh shut up you two! :glare:

:wink:
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Hey Rad, you wouldnt be referring to a forum with the initials PF would you. That used to be such a great forum and any bad langauage got you booted out quick smart. Now every second word starts with an F or a C or similar and seems the playground of bogans and boofheads. Unfortunately there are some very clever guys in there but the boneheads have taken over it seems.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

You hit the nail on the head Greg
Last edited by OLD FART on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Alspos wrote:Oh shut up you two! :glare:

Hey Al we all know you are the exception to the rule But we know your bark is worse than your bite :P rofl
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

OLD FART wrote:
Alspos wrote:Oh shut up you two! :glare:

Hey Al we all know you are the exception to the rule But we know your bark is worse than your bite :P rofl
Any more of that and you're banned Mister.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Couldn't agree more, i've had the odd run in with people here but thats nobodies fault but my own, I'm an argumentative bugger. It is a great forum for all the reasons mentioned.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Over the past 12 months i have lost my girlfriend of 6 years, been made redundant, had to work 2 jobs and 15hr days just to pay my mortgage, and have been in and out of hospital with health issues including the loss of movement in one arm.

Without the support and friendships from people on this forum, i really doubt i would have kept it all together as much as i have. I seriously doubt that you would find a beter bunch of blokes on any other forum, let alone one that has such great taste in cars :wink:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i think if this forum fell apart, i would sell my car.. or maybe not.. but it would be real frustrating to keep it going eh

most other forums are filled with wannabes who reckon their mum's dad's uncle's long lost brother's wife's sister's funeral planner owns the fully sikest car ever.. nobody pretends to own a starion LOL
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I couldn't agree more with the positive sentiments of this thread.

And yes, Greg, PF has gone to the dogs...what a pity.

I have been part of many forums and no one is as helpful as those on this forum.

Three cheers for AUSTARION. :beer
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah this place is awesome! best behaved forum on the net!

gotta hand it to the bogans at PF though for the gearboxing they handed Wayne Besanko
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

I've been on other forums over the years too and if you pay attention you can see them change with time. Some forums from the outset have an inherent distrust & non welcoming approach to new members, and it shows by all the rules & regulations and the way the mods deal or don't deal with situations. There is an attitude that goes with certain types of cars as well, the 'you can tell a lot about a person by the car they drive' has much truth to it.
The mods here on Austarion are right on & I know the members make newbies feel quite welcome.
IMO car clubs are in many ways the same, in fact we are more like an online car club, sharing an interest in a particular vehicle.
For me, just like a car club, if the general feel is that people are unappreciative or generally disinterested in what I offer then I eventually withdraw. I don't feel that way with my car club (4th club in 12yrs), I'm on the committee in fact & I'm certainly not feeling that way as a contributor on Austarion. And I appreciate the help that I get from the people here too.

My world is a better place because this exists. Thanks guys.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

I've met some of the best people in the world thanks to this forum, and the particular car type of car that we all love.
I've also made a few REALLY good friends.
I've met the following people thanks to this forum...

David (David) - Has helped me fix my Starions more than once
Noddy (Ray) - Has lent me his Starion and other vehicles to help me out
Muz (Murray) - has provided me useful info thanks to his position within the Mitsubishi organisation
JPC (John) - has helped me to rebuild a Starion, and has helped fix a couple also
Mr Bender (Glen) - has provided smart ass comments, but has also helped fix Starions :)
Starion4me (Jason) - sold me an awesome Starion cheap, and provided invaluable information on it
Alspos (Al) - is an all round good bloke who spent a day with me cruising around Perth in my bunky JA
www.18u (Shannon) - who was prepared to check out some wheels for me, and organise to get them sent over from Sydney! Top Bloke.
DJ Alpha (Aaron) - who bought my lowered springs, and is a good bloke to have a chat with

I've no doubt that there's more awesome people on this forum, whom I've yet to meet.
I'm looking forward to it.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Redzone wrote:
gotta hand it to the bogans at PF though for the gearboxing they handed Wayne Besanko
Yeah it was a classic episode hey. They certainly gave him back what he "tried" to dish out plus some. He'd be a bit bruised right now I reckon and cant see his business getting any positives from that little debacle. If anyone didnt know about his product/business, they do now.

And thats the issue with PF . There are clearly a number of very intelligent and clever people on there who know their stuff and are not to be messed with because they will tell it how it is. But the bogans just get hold of of it and bring it down a number of levels. I dont personally mind too much but do think the language issue needs to be tackled hard and fast to bring it back in line with how it was originally.

This forum by contrast is well managed and for some reason we seem to sort out those that want to carry on a bit pretty quickly.

As Enthuzed said, its more like an online car club than a forum and as such a credit to those on here.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.