Help me to create a 3D Starion model [PROGRESS and PICS]

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Help me to create a 3D Starion model [PROGRESS and PICS]

Post by Krorz »

I'd like to create a virtual 3D model of the JA Starion(and later all the others as well) but I don't have the right pictures or blueprints. I tried to search this site, googled for hours, I looked over all the service and user manuals I could find and I still don't have all four images that I would need.

I tried to use the picture above as a base but I found that it's not entirely accurate and the quality isn't that great either.

I don't have the equipment to make good photos of my car so if anyone has high quality pictures from those angles, I would really appreciate if you could share them with me. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Krorz on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Mate once you are done making the 3d models do you think you can swing them my way? I have always wanted to make a car game with the starions in it. :)
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

what are you making the model in?

I was doing it a while back in Rhino 3d.. but didn't get very far.. got bored and was also short on time.

Here you go:

quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

P.S. that model is waaaay too high off the ground, and those wheels look like 19" or 20" rimzzz zomgzzzz.. please do correct that in your model eh ;)
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Hey...there is nothing wrong with 19's or 20's on a Starion ;)
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Mate once you are done making the 3d models do you think you can swing them my way? I have always wanted to make a car game with the starions in it. :)
Sure, why not :)
trash wrote:what are you making the model in?

I was doing it a while back in Rhino 3d.. but didn't get very far.. got bored and was also short on time.

Here you go:
I'm using Rhino3D as well. I'm not sure these drawings are totally accurate, I don't think the front bumper looks like that from above, but I'll give it a try, thank you.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

lol, if you're doin it in rhino 3d, send me the files when you're done too please :D

yeah the diagrams are more of a rough sketch lol - but they give you a decent idea, plus dimensions to match up.

I used these as a background to do rough plots of all the points, and then i took pictures of my own car at similar angles (except for the from top picture lol) and used them as a background in rhino to try and match it up to a real car. The first part was easy.. the matching up part is extremely time consuming, and i gave it up early in this stage.
quest wrote:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

P.S, since you're at it, how bout you show us what else you've done in rhino?
quest wrote:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

NXTIME wrote:Hey...there is nothing wrong with 19's or 20's on a Starion ;)
sure, if you want your car to look like a skateboard rofl
quest wrote:
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

No rollerskate here thrash :P and there 19's
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Love that!!! ^^^ One of the cleanest nicest looking road going JBs I've seen. Got any more pics of it 18u? Tyre profile & width?
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

I went out the front and took another pic for you enthuzed (sorry it's so dirty)
The wheels are Noddys old Roh Adrenalins (f) 215/35/19 (r) 225/35/19
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

adrenalines are good looking wheels, even gianormically proportioned ones like those ;)

why don't people like ROH again?
quest wrote:
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

That blue one in your sig isn't half bad either, Shannon ;)
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

I'm afraid I have to set this aside for a few weeks until we are finished chopping the parts car.

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... 234#141234