HID headlights

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

HID headlights

Post by Alspos »

Found this on another forum, looks very interesting......

MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

NICE :shock: :drool:
That looks tough!
I've seen other attempts that didn't look good, but that one is great
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

In fact wouldn't mind doing that on the track car, cos I want to take out all the popup light gear and stuff... it gets in the way of nice smooth intercooler piping on a big cooler, AND I'm sure it adds a bit of weight.

Did they say on the forum what the lights are from?

Am even more keen now that I think about it for a few seconds more. Definitely solves issues on my track car
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

:o WTF is wrong with some people, these are a rare and collectable classic. Part of the uniqueness and 80's ness of these cars is the design and especially the pop up lights. Still, all that aside it does look pretty tough. :beer
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

im more impressed with how low its sitting!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

iXNAY wrote:im more impressed with how low its sitting!
Yeah... it would be quite dangerous over here, my car sits a lot higher than that and it is already too low for our shitty roads and badly designed speedbumps and driveways.

I thought about this headlight mod some time ago but I wouldn't do it for a street car because I like the pop up lights and as Vulpes said, it's a unique feature of the car. However if I had money to build a Starion for racing only I would consider this as I'm sure the pop up lights don't help aerodynamics very much when open.
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

thats HOT!!! i had an idea a while ago to do [Oo] [oO] but inside the popups but couldn't find the right size lights :(
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

that is f^%king cool!!!

i do like my pop ups because it keeps me from forgetting to turn the lights off when i walk away from the car..

but damn that looks good..

and! and! and it would be even cooler if you could have the little bit of the cover that was cut off to form a flap over it that opens up and tucks away beneath or above the light! like the xj220...
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Vulpes wrote::o WTF is wrong with some people, these are a rare and collectable classic. Part of the uniqueness and 80's ness of these cars is the design and especially the pop up lights. Still, all that aside it does look pretty tough. :beer
it's in the USA, they can hardly be called RARE over there LOL plus you can buy a widey for $1000
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

True rezone, true. Oh for a $1,000 widey.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Looks mean!
I like it! :D