big help needed !!! , trying to import widebody

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

big help needed !!! , trying to import widebody

Post by pakistarionjd »

hello has anyone imported a widebody starion from england or japan that could help me with abit of information, if it is possible to import a 89 model? ,if so where would i get it complienced from in australia and who from, and an average price range that i would be looking to spend all up...
tri26t
I love starions

Post by tri26t »

$12.500-15.500, sounds like one for NXTIME ?????????????????????
TORQUES-CHEAP.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I think that 1988 is the latest model that can be imported. Price range depends on what you really want.
English cars will be cheaper, but shipping is more $$ and finding a good one would be nearly impossible if you aren't there to inspect. Rust is a big problem there.
Most of the widebodys imported from Japan recently have been auto and all are cloth seats.

What other things do you want? Manual? Condition? Leather? 2.6L?

tri26t is on the money regarding price, but it could go higher depending on what you want.
NXTIME is the person to speak to.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

if you're basing your want for an 89 on the yank sites, dont worry about that, a late 88 jap spec has all the good features an american 89 has :)

(america uses that silly model year system where an 89 could actually be a late 88 build)

yes tri26t is correct on prices, also the yen has strengthened against our dollar since mine was imported, and the price of these things is steadily rising in japan too. have a chat to nxtime or i have a friend up here who could probably import one for you :beer
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

want something thats alround pretty good alittle rust in the common areas is ok dont mind about the paint to much just good motor and good from inside, i would really like to only pay around $8500 to
$10.000 , never know some1 mite need the money and sell me 1 on here :D
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Not for that price mate :wink:
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Not for that price mate
X2 :P
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Maybe without an engine and wheels rofl
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

pakistarionjd wrote:want something thats alround pretty good alittle rust in the common areas is ok dont mind about the paint to much just good motor and good from inside, i would really like to only pay around $8500 to
But you want $7500 for your silver JD on eBay
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JD + black interior + LSD = Good Price ~ $6K plus!

(BTW This is Vulpes old car, the one before the gold one)
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
docile
Big Dorifto

Post by docile »

Sounds like another dreamer.. rofl

The price of wideys bottomed out over a year ago and even then it was in the $8000 price range for a low spec, 7.5/10 condition model. With such a small knit community of widey owners, I dare say they would be in cahoots with each other to always maximise the value of their prized possession much like OPEC. :wink:

Obviously those who want something bad enough will offer a price too good to refuse so until then you will just to dream. :wink:
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

i ways saying i would like to pay that much , but can pay up to $11500 and as for the jd people want over $5000 for a top ja . i think for the australia jd , they should hold there value as good as a 2.6 in the long run
pakistarionjd
[P] Plater austaz

Post by pakistarionjd »

dear docile , im not a dreamer trust me , i have alot more money then you in the bank , if i was going to spend 15 on w wide body mite as well get a s15 spend abit more , go check out the UK ebay the 2L is going the same price as the widebody , the only thing is the AUSTRALIA starions , the good ones are under priced in my view
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Starions are underpriced because no one will pay for them.

Widebodys are very sort after so their prices are still holding strong.

If someone wants a good condition Straightbody starion to work with they either go for the best condition / quality and go the JD, or they opt for the much cheaper JA and do it up themselves.
docile
Big Dorifto

Post by docile »

Buy a S15 then... and how would you know you have a lot more money in the Bank than me ? :roll:

If your not a dreamer then you will buy starion4me's widebody for $20K because that's a bargain considering the amount of money spent on it and the condition it is in. Not to mention a S15 with the same amount of power will cost you the same if not more $$. :wink:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

pakistarionjd wrote:want something thats alround pretty good alittle rust in the common areas is ok dont mind about the paint to much just good motor and good from inside, i would really like to only pay around $8500 to

LOL

:flush

i could get you one landed from the states for that much, but you'd need to convert it to rhd.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au