Hunting / Gun Owners?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Hunting / Gun Owners?

Post by TOMSUN »

Does anyone else on here have a gun licence? and or goes hunting?
1985 JB Starion #157
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

The Starion disease got you that bad rofl
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

yup, i have about a dozen guns or so, go shooting a bit, mostly rabbits these days. I have a cousin that runs a gun shop and i go with him a bit.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Yeah :x

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

You called my Starion a what? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

BANG!!! They shouldn't have given me one rofl rofl

Yeah going shooting on the 24th of April again too :)
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

haha i was speaking to my friend about getting one the other day..

do you know if any shooting ranges in sydney tomsun?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

thrash>>>
I go to the St Marys Indoor 50m range in Sydney. I have a Tikka T3 .243, which I'm happy with the accuracy especially for a hunting rifle. Best is 0.69 MOA 5-shot group at the range.

Woody>>>
Where do you go and what do you hunt?

Vulpes>>>
What do you take when you go for rabbits? 22LR or shotgun?

Went to Tamworth last easter and got a couple of rabbits and foxes, but no pigs.
I was going to go hunting at Mudgee on the 3rd & 4th April, but looks like it's going to fall through.

Anyone know of someone with a property that allow hunters on their property? NSW?
1985 JB Starion #157
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

By far I believe the best calibre ever made is the 22 Hornet. It has twice the power of a 22 magnum. Has plenty of power for foxes, roos ( head shot preferably ) and especially rabbits. I dont mind killing feral animals but I hate seeing an animal suffer hence I rabbit shoot with the hornet. there is no arguing with Mr Hornet. Here one minute, chewing on some heavenly grass the next.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

What's a "roos"? I never herd of it... rooster?
The Tikka T3 is a VERY nice rifle, and .243 will be nice for small game but when you meet a Swedish moose in the forest you wish for somthing like a .30-06 or bigger... not too say if running in too a 200kg pig!
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

roo's refer to kangaroo's I believe.

I don't go hunting animals anymore. Last time I did that was in New Zealand hunting rabbits and possums.

Nowadays I just go to a shooting range out in woop woop. I think its called mellmaron or something like that.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

WidebodyWoody wrote:roo's refer to kangaroo's I believe.
But ofcourse... me is stupid maan... (not too many roos i Sweden...)
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i don't want to hunt anything.. i don't think i've even killed anything but bugs in my lifetime

just wanna test and improve my accuracy.. and as with most beings with testosterone, love guns :twisted:
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

Do a bit of varmit hunting back home (NZ), possums, rabbits etc. Find my semi auto 22 sufficient for the job but my aim is :roll:
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

KiwiStaz wrote:Do a bit of varmit hunting back home (NZ), possums, rabbits etc. Find my semi auto 22 sufficient for the job but my aim is :roll:
22LR semi auto are banned here. Well almost. You need to have a special licence and be a registered professional for culling purposes only.
1985 JB Starion #157
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I loved my dads pump shotty. Up until last year was still using it until it broke the pin for the slider. And it cost more to buy a new one then to fix it :cry:

I have to say my dads Glock is my favourite hand gun to shoot with. It has more kick then the desert eagle. And his glock is only a 45. The Glock had more kick because its a compact I think
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

TOMSUN Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KiwiStaz wrote:
Do a bit of varmit hunting back home (NZ), possums, rabbits etc. Find my semi auto 22 sufficient for the job but my aim is

22LR semi auto are banned here. Well almost. You need to have a special licence and be a registered professional for culling purposes only.
Interesting, why is that?
I'm guessing it is for similar reasons to why handguns are banned back home (smaller/easier to conceal weapons yet still quite lethal in the wrong hands)

I really have to figure out this quote thing a little better.
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."