Slowboy Racing

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Slowboy Racing

Post by WANTSOM »

Anyone had any experience (+/-) with this US organisation?
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

probably best too look around on starquest!

but im sure our US members will fill you in on any info!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

no direct contact personally but I did see a few good results on Starquest a while ago. Nothing recent though.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Thanks guys, just having a look at some of the products, not committing to anything just yet.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
MainstreaM
I've been here before

Post by MainstreaM »

I've ordered a few things from them without any problems. Check on DSMtuners.com for some feedback, they are a supporting vendor there.

Kane
docile
Big Dorifto

Post by docile »

You'll get better customer service from ebay. Even if the parts cost more on eBay, at least you may have the option for the seller to send them using USPS which will offset the cost of any cheaper products from Slowboy since they only use UPS (which is double the price) and that also means 100% chance of you getting done over additionally by customs for import tax. :x

Just make sure whenever you pay with Paypal that you use funds from your credit card. That way if Paypal don't refund your claim (hopefully you never have to), you can still get your money back by your Bank with the charge back system.

I and many others have had -ve dealings with Slowboy. They are just not worth the hassle for us international buyers.
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

If you guys want stuff shipped to you, I have no problem forwarding it out.

I've even shipped a whole diff before... haha... arrived in 5 days.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
4gpwr
I love starions

parts

Post by 4gpwr »

Aussies make some of the best perfmance products in the world , why go elsewere
4Gs Rule
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Hey 4gpwr -

This was just a quick little thread for some feedback on a particular supplier - not Australia versus the world.

Well when you cant get what you want in Australia and its available off the shelf in the States then what would you do. I'm all for supporting local industry but Geez, you just love to bash anything not Australian dont you. Open you eyes and you will see that some of the US stuff is extremely well made, price competitive and available. I have yet to see any of your products other than the so called "best merge collector in the world" which you made in your shed and which (from looking at it) is some metal cut and welded together - something I admit I couldnt do but hardly rocket science really either hey!

Get over it :x

btw - thanks to all the open minded people who offered their thoughts and views. :beer
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

here we go...
1985 JB Starion #157
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

slowboy is probably one ofthe top suppliers for 4g6x parts here in the states from the project zero g guys. They haev good prices on pistons and rods, plus they also offer rods n pistons for all the different combos destrokers strokers 4g64 etc...
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero