I want out of the US

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
wrenchman
[L] Plates

I want out of the US

Post by wrenchman »

i want out of the U.S thinking about moving to australia would also be adding to the starions out the i have 2 a white 88 starion widebody and a 84 starion flat side would be bringing both with me so if anyone has any info for me about things like jobs housing and prices out there that would be much appreciated or if anyone knows someone who can use a mechanic with 10 years experiance that would be great
you can email me at wrench1984@yahoo.com if you are willing to help
thanks
wrench
Last edited by wrenchman on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

www.reiwa.com is your best bet at checking housing prices.
what state are you looking to move to? WA is in the midst of a resource boom, can use diesel/truck mechanics on minesites, etc.
---------
TVR T350C
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Sure you still want out? Seems you finally have a decent president, things might change now....
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

send us your starions now and make your mind up later :D
wrenchman
[L] Plates

Post by wrenchman »

it has nothing to do with the leaders i just want a change or sceneary and a group of people who know what a starion is and no thats ok ill keep my starions here with me till i decide to go i love them so :D
88 starion wide body
84 mitsubishi starion flatside
wrenchman
[L] Plates

Post by wrenchman »

dont know what state yet or city for that matter any suggestions i like water (cause we dont have any here) and a good chunk of land would be nice.
88 starion wide body
84 mitsubishi starion flatside
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

there is no question that your best choice of destination must be SE QLD. Nothing else in aussie can compare I am afraid.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I know this will start a fight but I agree :beer
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

qld is the starion state after all. housing here is expensive though. maybe look at moving up near rockhampton, there is a shortage of mechanics up north especially, with the mines taking a lot of workers away. land is cheaper up north too.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

groupAralliart wrote:there is no question that your best choice of destination must be SE QLD. Nothing else in aussie can compare I am afraid.
I disagree.
But it's down to the individual I guess.
My advice is to see the places for yourself, and then make your mind up.
I'd be happy to buy you a beer if you ever came to Perth :) :beer
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

See what I mean. A fight has begun rofl

I can't comment on WA, SA or NT, but from NSW QLD and VIC, QLD is the better of the three.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

WidebodyWoody wrote:See what I mean. A fight has begun rofl

I can't comment on WA, SA or NT, but from NSW QLD and VIC, QLD is the better of the three.
Woody hope u can fight like a thrashing machine ( like Vanderlay Silva )otherwise u r in 4 a belting as you will need 2 now you have stirred up the Mexicans rofl
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Get in on the Mining Boom happening in WA or Mackay QLD Area. You wouldnt beleive the amount of people coming to Mackay to get a Job.
We even had a few Pommy guys and a Canadian working here.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

as a sydney sider, i actually agree with the queenslanders.. sydney is shit.. i'm planning to move to cairns :beer can't go past the tropical weather

sydney is cold.. and melbourne is worse haha

although if you know your way around starions.. sydney does need a decent starion friendly mech.. QLD has redzon.. VIC has flav.. NSW had coltspeed.. but he's retired now..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

I am happy o stke the fire: WA is another world away and yes they have a few things going for them, we in QLD have everything they have and a bloody heap more. Just to name a few: Great Barrier Reef, QLD Raceway, Gold Coast, Indy, Sunshine Coast, Glasshouse Mountains, Brisbane city, Moreton Bay, Cairns and far north QLD and all the tourist attractions up there, Movie World, Dream World, Sea World, Wet n Wild water park, Morgan Park, Lakeside, most V8 Supercar teams, the ability to fly cheaply interstate quickly as well as direct access to NZ and a heap of tropical cruise ship destinations. The cost of living is better and the capital growth in most areas is always going to improve. There are a heap of Starions up here and the typical great days to go for a drive in any direction to picture perfect destinations.
I am sorry to all you 'out of towners' but thems are the facts and the sooner you make the move here the better your life will be. Did I mention the ladies! the jobs and the friendliness of the locals - do it now, sell up and move up! :D