Insurance pain in the ass

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Insurance pain in the ass

Post by Eurotrash »

Wee story for ya the short version
starion broken into (nz new not an import) previous owner had 6x9's in doors. Car thief takes 6x9's by ripping entire bottom insde trim off. Or most of it. Including wooden backing, plastic sheeting etc etc. Broke in by busting both door locks ie outside panel damage too. Insurance company decide to rite entire car off because you cant get black inside lower door trim in newzealand. After much too-ing and frow-ing. new custom made bottom panels and 6" kenwoods doing fine.

Moral of the story... If you own something that seems to be getting rare make sure its insured for heeps or you might end up with a suprise.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Wholy crap, writing off the car for just the door panels is a joke! They could get them from america? I saw your car in a Pauls Car Audio a while back, I was working in the PC store infront of it at the time, i wondered what had happened.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

well thats a bit of a joke! sounds like we gotta get a group order of them flame thrower alarm systems from africa :twisted:
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

yegh, they would look sweet instead of the speakers. :D
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
stari1
[P] Plates

I hate them all

Post by stari1 »

Twice it has happened to me where the car was stolen and interior striped. It is very hard to get new ones. Insure for lots and lots. That is all I have to say about that. BTW looking for grey interior, anyone got some bits? :-)
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

ohh shit...i kow of some one here that got there cordia written off from a smashed rear quarter window...lol

when they broke into my staz they didnt worrie about the locks they virtually ripped the left hand door off....opened it like a sardine can...took my pioneer deck, kicker 4in component speakers...an kicker 7x10 in the parcel...hehehe didnt worrie about unbolting the 7x10s...they just took the whole parcel shelf...i was tryin to build up my insurance so i didnt wana claim....
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------