National Starion Meet

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Shepparton?
Hire DECA for a day and play on the skid pan/track?
Cruise up and down the main drag after dark?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I'll organise it if you want but only on the condition that I pick the location. It will be somewhere in Southern NSW/Northern Victoria. And it will be in early part of 2006. March or April.

It will be a 3 day event. Saturday through Monday. There will be organised accomodation, dinner, track events, cruise day. I will even try and organise a special guest speaker for one of the nights. And just so you all behave the local police will be consulted so anyone wanting to be a dickhead can be accomodated as well. Country towns do not like "out of towners" misbehaving.

What say you all.?
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Where is a track in S-NSW or N-Vic?
Mildura? Albury?
Don't want to go too nuts on a track either, if something breaks you have to drive it home :?
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Deniliquin has a wide open autocross track just out of town with next to bugger all trees anywhere near the track. We're talking 4th gear drifting in the dirt. And it's only about 75kms north of Echuca. I could make some enquiries as I'm going there this weekend. In fact I already have contact details.... :D
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Let's get dirty.....

Could be thirsty work though :beer
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Nat Meet

Post by Starion VR4 »

Later in the year in the colder months would be advantagious to all starions, not just the ones running 35PSI rofl !! say May day wknd?

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
AXELR8
I love starions

Post by AXELR8 »

Sounds like wantsom is up for the challenge, even organising accommodation! Sounds good. If everyone agrees, wantsom can have the organisational job. I will require a map, or two. (one close, like a UBD 2 page spread, and a state/national type map to show general location). I still vote somewhere northern/central victoria. Oooohhh yeah, I'm lovin it!(National Starion Meet..... Front page of the papers, piece on the 6 o'clock news...... I can see it now. :naughty )
PS. What kind of guest speaker wantsom? Jackie Chan? Get him to bring his starion too! :drool: :D
You think that's fast??? You got nothin' on Roger!!
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

hey sounds pretty cool.. could go with that.. but also depends on how many adelaidians will cruize up there with us
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I agree with fr335tyl3r. There is no point having the meeting in a place that will have a poor home town attendance.

Dont you eastern state people have toll ways like everywhere? Adelaide aint got any. Far less confusing
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

WANTSOM wrote:
I will even try and organise a special guest speaker for one of the nights.

What say you all.?
You mean we're going to get to actually meet the blue furry one?

A national Starion meet is always of interest to me. I'm not so keen on driving events due to long distances involved in taking a busted car home. Only the locals or those that trailer their cars are going to be able to have fun.
Location would need to be the East Coast for me to be able to make it.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

MrBishi wrote:A national Starion meet is always of interest to me. I'm not so keen on driving events due to long distances involved in taking a busted car home. Only the locals or those that trailer their cars are going to be able to have fun.
Location would need to be the East Coast for me to be able to make it.
Im on the flip side. Im not that interested unless some driving events are involved - on tarmac. Otherwise I'll just be cruising around in a Pajero - oh joy!
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

It wont be capital city based.
and any driving events will not be based on abusing a car. More skills based.

One idea is to strap Cookie to a pole on the side of the road and people are given darts to throw at the target on his head. The car must be driven at a steady speed of about 20mph and the dart thrown from no less than 3 feet. A bullseye scores a beer!. :P

Or was that Kelfy that I had in mind as the target. Oh well either one will suffice.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

WANTSOM wrote:One idea is to strap Cookie to a pole on the side of the road and people are given darts to throw at the target on his head. The car must be driven at a steady speed of about 20mph and the dart thrown from no less than 3 feet. A bullseye scores a beer!. :P
Can I taunt the people as they drive past?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Yes, of course you can. You have to have your fun to :D
AXELR8
I love starions

Post by AXELR8 »

Hey Gadget, poor home town attendance?
Have you seen the picture under Alspos' posts in his signature line?
With NINE starions at a meet!! :roll: (By the way, he's in Melbourne, VICTORIA!)

I mean come on, you don't even turn up to a SA starion cruise in your starion, so why would a national meet make any difference? :wink:
Which people wanted the meet in Adelaide because the mitsubishi plant is here? Anyone care to fess up? I looked but couldn't find the posts from interstate people with that request in them!

What is the real reason you want the meet here? Wantsom said the meet wouldn't be city based....so the toll ways excuse doesn't work. The poor home town turnout excuse doesn't work either..... And I don't want the lancer/evo/gsr/cordia power/galant group joining us either.... It would detract/distract from the starions, and the whole point is a STARION NATIONAL MEET, not a mitsubishi meet.....
:roll: Children.....will they ever learn? :roll:

Southern NSW, Northern VIC is central to the australian starion population, which is more important than being central to the"Gadget is a god, oh he is so cool, wish I could be just like him" population :P

Cheaper for NZ, and Tassies to fly over to Melbourne or Sydney, rather than adelaide......

So go on, what is the REAL reason you need the cruise here?
Will you miss MARCHING band practice?
Won't your mum let you out that long?
Are you so lazy that you can't bring yourself to drive 8-10 hours for an Australian starion meet that won't soon be forgotten?
And no offence to the WA people, but I wouldn't want to drive my starion across the nullabor plain, whether it was to adelaide or the eastern states!

Maybe they would, but you would have to ask them.....
You think that's fast??? You got nothin' on Roger!!