National Starion Meet

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

No ones been here for a while.....

Post by enthuzed »

Chris 83JA wrote:How about Winton or somewhere else North Victoria? North of Melb, reasonably central to SA/NSW and VIC, and cars go a lot faster in the colder victorian climate
First time I've had a look at this thread - sidetracked again! :roll:

Every time I've been to Winton, it's been pretty bloody warm.

I do motorports with a CAMS affiliated club (And it aint a mitsi club, there aint any in Melb that I'm aware of) and so I know that any circuit requires a largish upfront payment of usually $2000 upwards for the track for the day. All good and fine if everyone is putting in, and that side of it would have to managed, but then you've got to fit their calendar and as previously mentioned book miles in advance... The costs may also be a lot more these days due to the insurance debarkle.

I have some suggestions:

Everyone pay their own way and take a Friday off. Open track day at Winton used to be $70 per person, but I think it has gone up.
Bring your civvy licence, and vehicle. Not sure if they offer racing suits.

Not sure about now, but Calder used to do a similar thing. About $130 incl hire of racing suit and helmet.

Granite Park raceway at Seymour is another option. It's an Autocross track with room for other stuff, I've got a direct contact to arrange a special price, etc, for this. Atm people pay $300 per car to play for the day, I've been offered recently to play for half of that. So with numbers that may come down considerably.

DECA in Shepparton is a good choice. Once again costs and timing need to be established.

Overall, there are a lot of factors.

WAY FORWARD: Work on each step at a time.
a) Decision based on general consensus of location and events offered
b) Finding out exactly how many would play
c) Calendaring to make sure it works with place of choice
d) Notifying the cr@p out of everyone about the event

Wherever it is, it's a good idea if ambos are on standby on location, cause sh!t can and does happen - just not very often! :o :o :o :o
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Fuel
Enthusiast

Post by Fuel »

So when is the national meet? :)
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

my house. I already have enough starions in the back yard for it to be the second biggest starion meet in Perth, ever.... serious. besides, why look for a venue in the middle of everyone? someone is always gonna have to go a long way to get there then you have to listen to them whinge all day about it. so if you all come to Perth everyone will need to drive a long way and every one can whinge. ok?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Fuel
Enthusiast

Post by Fuel »

You may as well just call it a Perth meet, no one from East will make the trip over to Perth. :P
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

First time I've seen this thread too :D

Why don't we put a date in concrete - Jan 06 perhaps? (Oh dear, could it coincide with Summernats.... :shock: ). Personally, Melbourne or Adelaide would be the most convenient for me.

I'm a flyer these days, rather than a cross country road traveller, but given enough time to prepare I'd do the roadtrip if need be. The JD has done Adelaide-Melbourne-LakeEildon-Albury-Canberra-Godknowswhere-Adelaide before, so I'm sure if I had to, I could coerce it again.

I wouldn't be up for racing the bugger, but fingers crossed it will look and sound nice by then. Mmmmm, big Alpine+JBL+iPod stereo :twisted:

And of course, there'd have to be the mandatory dinner/party :beer . And I'm working on Jen for a wet t-shirt contest (she just told me 32DD apparently :shock: :oops: ).
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

geographically the best place would be Adelaide. It is between everywhere that has common users of this site.

The Datsun 1600 club had a huge event recently here. big big numbers from east and west of the border. Melbourne wouldn't be that bad. But we want people to bring there cars along dont we?
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

The answer really is whoever wants to step up and organise it can choose the location. Management by democracy doesnt work. :)

Wherever (well maybe not Perth) it is Marie and I will be there.

If people are worried about distance, it aint that expensive to book a car carrier and road freight 6 or so cars and share the tab. Pick up 'em from the depot and whooshka, you're there.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Wantsom has the idea... someone should really get in behind and organise it.. (deeks). I'll definatly be there, no matter where it is, as i'll be flying anyway, kinda more expensive to ship a car across the puddle.....
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

if you wan me to organise it, y'all coming to adelaide!
_

Post by GADGET »

The Sigma-galant site people said they would like some sort of national meet. Some interstate people want it in Adelaide because the MITSUBISHI FACTORY is in ADELAIDE. Wouldn't that be fitting?

I thought we could get Cordia Power and Sigma-Galant all involved.

Another thought was if we got the Adelaide based gsr-evo club involved they have some sort of CAMS political pulling power. Problem is they would probably take over the whole event?

Adelaide is central to both coasts. If people dont want to make the drive it aint that expensive to get the car on the back of a transporter/train.
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

GADGET wrote:The Sigma-galant site people said they would like some sort of national meet. Some interstate people want it in Adelaide because the MITSUBISHI FACTORY is in ADELAIDE. Wouldn't that be fitting?
The Starion national meet should be held in Japan then. Who's with me?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

heh cookie im up for it :)

likewise, depending on timing, if i am available i will travel anywhere for the meet (bar perth :P sorry guys...its just a tad TOO far)
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
AXELR8
I love starions

Post by AXELR8 »

I have noticed that this is an old thread, been dragged up and brought back to life, so I thought I would add my two cents.
I believe the best spot would be Victoria(somewhere), as it is central to the starion population spread(well, sort of). No offence to the perth people.... even if they could fly over and ride in someone elses starion, it would be good to have them there. I for one, would offer a seat/ride in my car to a perthite if that were the case. Too expensive for a track day, maybe drags? or just a cruise or two and a dinner? I am willing to take annual leave for this event if it takes place. Time to start a poll? Get the ball rolling?
You think that's fast??? You got nothin' on Roger!!
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Well I think we should have a poll that is just a "would you attend" poll so we can see where ppl are from that would be attending.

Breaking it down currently:

WA - Long way from the majority (QLD,NSW,VIC,SA)
SA - Closest for WA members. Ok for VIC members. Getting bit far for NSW. Too far for QLD
VIC - Ok for SA. Ok for NSW. Getting a bit far for QLD. Too far for WA.
NSW - Ok for VIC. Ok for QLD. Getting a bit far for SA. Too far for WA.
QLD - Ok for NSW. Getting a bit far for VIC. Too far for SA. Too far for WA.

Are any hobart members interested?

If we find out that say, lots of SA ppl want to come, but not many QLD'ers...then it makes more sense for VIC to have it, but if its the other way around then maybe NSW should have it?

Just a thought.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

From Qld, I would drive almost anything except WA..

SA is a bit far I guess, but going via Melbourne means high speed+great ocean road :)

It seems that most people are either from Vic or SA so they're going to be the most likely targets.