Earthquake in NZ

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Not again... :( You guys have been through quite a bit in recent months. I hope all members and their family/friends are ok.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
seb
Big Dorifto

Post by seb »

I hope everybody is ok out there!
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

jase said both the Starions are damaged, worse than last time - the force pushed them into the garage door and the garage door is damaged also as a result.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

Some pics from my work.

This is the network engineering room from Snap internet

Starion and the other cars are fine. Very luck as the handbrakes where off on all three cars and very fortunate that they didn't rock into walls etc

87 Starion EX
JayME
Big Dorifto

Post by JayME »

Was a good shake up alright.

Was in the smoko room at work - watched some windows buckle and shatter in front of me.

Just got power back on at home. No real damage - just some stuff fell over. Really lucky. Aftershocks are crazy
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

My one moved quite a bit... sideways :shock: a bit of damage this time but no worries.

In at work to use the power, its the first news reports I've seen and shes still rocking. My family is ok hope everyone else is as lucky.

Going to be a crazy few days though, no power for about 90% of the city I've seen, obviously no sewerage or water either so alot of people affected this time. We will need help this time for sure, the destruction is massive and wide spread.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

My family is ok though it took us 10 hours to be able to check on my grandfather. My staz is ok being in Ashburton (1 hour south) where the quake was felt but no damage was caused) and I didn't feel it up north.
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

so sorry to see this happen all over again. Hope all my Kiwi mates and families are safe and well but it looks heaps worse than the previous quake and will take a long time to get back to normal.
When we holidayed a couple of years ago ( how time flies :( ) we stayed at Cathederal Square and inspected the cathereral and admired its wonderfull history and workmanship and it is sad to see the damage to it now.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Glad to hear you guys are ok, and secondly all the stazzas made it out alright. Our thoughts are with all of you across the ditch.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Incredible, just incredible.
Seems that there's double dosages being dished out, first Queensland now NZ.
All the best, just take one day at a time.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Hey Im alright and so is my partner although she is shaken up. Animals are all fine apart from tropical fish which are starting to die from lack of heat. We have no power, water or sewage and not likely to for a long time. House is on way more of a lean then before but still standing well for 90 years old. Garage has about 2 foot of silt through out and the yard has about 10 times the amount of silt them last time about 4 feet deep in places. If anyone can help with a 240v. Converter for a car please contact me on 0272524725. I need to get the heater on the fish tank going asap.
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

I saw some pictures, terrible.

Hope you guys are doing ok.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Our house survivied ok but its seems it going to weeks before power and water are restored, kinda freaky going back at night with complete darkness for miles in not so good neighbourhood. But I'd rather stay there to keep an eye on things.

Big thanks to the Aussies and other international help, Aussie search teams arrived in about the amount of time it took to drive across the gridlocked town home which is incredible. These international guys have way more experience and better equipment for this stuff, teams from Singapore, Taiwan, Japan are here with the USA and UK help arriving tonight.

A few mates are among the missing I'm hoping for a positive outcome but have to get on and help the people that are ok to keep the mind positive.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

It's a terrible terrible thing guys, we're all thinking about you from over here!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
DrDeath
I like starions

Post by DrDeath »

Mabe you could try some coolite or a blanket to try and preserve heat in the fish tank. Dono how an inverter would go with the load a heater pulls, but good luck.