Jtuner magazine 400hp sohc 2l staz

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

So is it just me or does it seem to bog down and take a while to get going again from the u turn??? :?
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

yeah it does but this cars power is probably all up high!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

flappa wrote:
toysrus wrote:But its 400Hp at the Flywheel not the wheels so in that sense the Turbo looks about the right size. Rememeber they mentioned in either of the articles that they don't exactly have many long stretches on their tracks so picking a smaller turbo makes sense :wink:
It has comparable power for the boost level with a groupA staz in qualy trim at ~2 bar. But the groupA HKS turbo is a lot smaller than a garrett (any non BB garrett), so as I said I would have thought it would have more grunt. Considering also groupA had to deal with standard manifolds, standard sized valves and ports, which he doesn't need to be concerned with. But hey, if he's getting it reliably :party

BTW, the article was making reference to the particular circuit they were testing the car at as tight. The UK has some of the fastest circuits in the world.
I think if you gave him the same budget as Ralliart had then I'm sure he would get more :wink:

If what your saying is right, then it means he isn't making 100% of the set-ups potential. Hopefully he realises that before continuing any further......

Also what fuel are they allowed to use ? I know the Group A cars were run on BP Aviation Fuel, the 130 or 110 octane ?
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I'd say all the info on this car is quite old! IF, he's still runnig it, I'm sure he would have fully uprgaded it by now!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

toysrus wrote:
I think if you gave him the same budget as Ralliart had then I'm sure he would get more :wink:

If what your saying is right, then it means he isn't making 100% of the set-ups potential. Hopefully he realises that before continuing any further......

Also what fuel are they allowed to use ? I know the Group A cars were run on BP Aviation Fuel, the 130 or 110 octane ?
Touring cars ran Shell group A control fuel, 100 octane unleaded.

Considering ralliart had pretty much nothing to do with the groupA touring cars and didn't build any engines for them I don't think you can make much of a point from that... and privateer entrants on a shoestring budget like my fathers were getting higher top speeds than the factory cars a few years later anyway. The the two categories are also vastly different, one is heavily restricted and was running at an international level, the other is open slather and caters for club racers on a national level. The only thing in common here is the car. With the benefit of 20 years newer technology in your advantage and an open rule book I would expect to be in much better shape anyhow. So the point about a budget really has no relevance.

The reality is he's a club racer and can do what he likes, he's chosen a staz which is great, good on him. Arguing about whether he's getting 100% potential out of it is just rubbish and has nothing to do with my initial point. It's a road car turned into a racecar, everything is a compromise.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I'll agree with that :wink:

I just hope people realise now that they don't need to go DOHC to run over the 200Kw ATW mark.....
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Flappa, is your father racing the Starion this year in historics etc?
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

I dont get his spring rates, thikn it was a typo? Maybe they meant 400 not 700lbs.

I dont know why he didnt go dohc with the car. I dont see a reason not to if you can. You will get a better power band.

Wish I had the optiont o go dohc with a g54b... Oh wait, the next best thing, 4g64 with a 4g63 dohc :)
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
NiuginiStaz
Lil' Dorifto

400 bhp stazz in jtuner

Post by NiuginiStaz »

Feel so lucky. Was passing thru Cairns and got a copy of the mag(FEB issue NINE) at the Cairns stationery shop.

The stazz is Kool..so Kool

niugini staz
Shoe string budget starion. Dont know why I bother anyway
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

NXTIME wrote:Flappa, is your father racing the Starion this year in historics etc?
Hopefully! I'm still trying to talk him into letting me run it.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I was told that there was a Starion at the historics round on the weekend. Keep sweet talking him ;)
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

NXTIME wrote:I was told that there was a Starion at the historics round on the weekend. Keep sweet talking him ;)
Hmm, not that I was aware of! If there was one at Eastern Creek it wasn't running..

Yes I'll try!! :)
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

Mmmmmmmmmm

Ralliart dog-leg gearbox. I miss mine, shame it wasn't up to the job!

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
artinist
Lil' Dorifto

Post by artinist »

how about the tightened up stock rear. do they come loose from factory?
Art
Engine bay
http://www.antiMpower.com
88 Starion 225rwhp@7psi on 91 octane