2nd Starion jb 1985 and Fast four and rotary shoot

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

More then 23 people seem to have JB LSDs though
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah it gets put up on a hoist tomorrow so we`ll soon see if it still has the lsd. it has the D50 option and the little red sticker on the doorjam so we`ll see.

would really like 2 know exactly how many jb`s had this, i mean u could buy the lsd diff from mitsubishi as a spare part so obviously there`s gonna be more than 23 around, but how many officially?

and for the record i dont believe gary only paid $1000 for this car. its 2 good. its not perfect by any means, but you`d have 2 have rocks in your head 2 sell it this cheap. i wanna see that receipt gaz!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

D60 option I think you mean redzone.

I've had 2 JB's one marked with the d60 option but didnt have a limo, and one with a limo (marked with d60 too). So thats at least 3
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I was chatting to Mr Ralliart last night & think we may have some theories.
Mitsubishi literature states that 23 JBs were sold with the handling package option. Mr Ralliart translated this as the LSD option. A quick scan through the memory banks af all JBs we both know of (past & present) indicate the vast majority had the LSD, shooting this idea down in flames.

The question still remains - what was the handling package option?
Methinks that MrRalliart needs to scan some of this paperwork!

Redzone - got the boss. cheers boss.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I was under the impression that almost all JB's had the LSD! 23 seems a bit on the light side!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

The handling package probably had better shockies in the struts, or better springs, or maybe even just a better power steering system. I don't know but it wouldn't have been the diff. It would be something todo with suspension, or steering, or even maybe cambers or strut braces.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

MrBishi wrote:I was chatting to Mr Ralliart last night & think we may have some theories.
Mitsubishi literature states that 23 JBs were sold with the handling package option. Mr Ralliart translated this as the LSD option. A quick scan through the memory banks af all JBs we both know of (past & present) indicate the vast majority had the LSD, shooting this idea down in flames.

The question still remains - what was the handling package option?
Methinks that MrRalliart needs to scan some of this paperwork!

Redzone - got the boss. cheers boss.
There was no handling package option. I would have know about it if there was one. When we were racing the JB GroupE car we got discounted parts from Mitsubishi. Also Des's JB did not come with a LSD we had to order it.
kit
Enthusiast king

Post by kit »

the car has d60 code on the options on the built plate same as abalistic wifes car (black and silver jb) rezone ex girlfriends car
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

mrb1 wrote:There was no handling package option. I would have know about it if there was one. When we were racing the JB GroupE car we got discounted parts from Mitsubishi. Also Des's JB did not come with a LSD we had to order it.

There absolutely positively was a handling package option! option D60 (sorry bout my misprint before) it included the lsd, and had thicker swaybar/s, better tyres and possibly better shocks/spring rates.

Gary`s white one has a thicker rear swaybar than standard, and no its not an aftermarket one. didn`t measure front one when it was on the hoist, will do that next time. His rear is 18mm, standard is 16mm. Cars that had the d60 option all had the lsd, if it no longer has one then its obviously been `raided`. my ex`s car (black and silver jb) had all this equipment aswell, it was a D60 car. apparently that option was also listed for ja`s but u could tick the box all u like and your car would arrive without it...

i`m getting an original jb sales brochure next week, i`ll see if there`s any mention of it in there....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

Ditto the above .

That is absolutely correct .

There were 23 cars sold in JB with the 'Performance handling Option' .

I've got the specs for these and I have also seen advertising literature of the day advertising it .
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

Post by turbofusion »

redzone wrote:yeah it gets put up on a hoist tomorrow so we`ll soon see if it still has the lsd. it has the D50 option and the little red sticker on the doorjam so we`ll see.
have you done this yet?

why couldn't you just use a floor jack and jack up the diff support so both rears are off the ground. then spin one tire. if the other spins the same way, it's lsd.
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

As Redzone said in his previous post , he's confirmed all of those points on Gary's car . The only reason he was waiting until he got the car on the hoist is because it was going to be on there anyway . :wink:

It's a very good , very original car .

For $1000 ! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .bastard :x
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Actually, it's great to see some good karma go Kits way (getting the 2nd JB so cheap)
when you consider the $$$$ spent on his original JB. :D

The early JB's, pre ~'84 had the small JA diffs, then upgraded to the bigger JB/JD diffs with the 15inch wheels.
The two-tone JB's were the limited edition ones that had LSD's included in the package, otherwise the LSD option
needed to be ticked on the single coloured ones with the TURBO side stickers.
I believe the so-called 'Performance Handling Option' was the upgrade!

I have all 3 brochures on the Aust. Starions, and there is no mention of a Handling Option.

The recent brochure sold on ebay was a JD and not a JB, if that's the brochure 'Redzone' is referring to. Great brochure though!
All 3 are great!! :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah thats the one! i was a little disappointed to discover it was a jd brochure when it turned up, but the condition of it makes up 4 it..... interesting on the jd brochure they list the lsd as an option- thought all jd`s had the 3.9 lsd? and there`s a power windows power steering power mirrors air con delete option!!

so from your info jdstaz45 i can maybe put up this theory? the 23 cars mr ralliart has listed as having the lsd option, were single colour cars with the turbo stripe, maybe they didn`t show the two tone cars with the lsd in his information as they all came with it? maybe we should just refer to the lsd option as just that.. the other handling improvements were just included with it

TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

my car had the original two tone paint and LSD... coincidence?????
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ