Why do we love Starions?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

jrod82 wrote: You were talking about getting an old GTO, so you clearly have an apprecation of class, forget skylines!
yeah, i would have bought that GTO, but the guy i had organised to do the cert check on it rang some mate of his who turned round and bought it before i had the chance to.... bastard.... it went straight through the cert too...
oz, here i come....
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

it's a challenge, the starion vs the mechanic/user, the starion is lazy and doesn't want to do any work but we are the owner's therefore when we give them a command they must obey, and when they don't we disable (dismantle) them as much as possible till we regain full control again :D
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

if money wasnt an issue i would make a time travel machine and bring a brand new starion back from 1982, all options ticked lsd yes please

sorry for dreaming out loud
gordonspec® racing
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

i think they rule 'cos you mine doesn't have any badges (except on stock steering wheel) and nobody has any idea what they are. It's the bomb. And how many cars from '82 are 2L turbo. independent suspension. 4 wheel disc brakes. electric windows. air con. powersteering etc etc. and rul 16s 1/4mile stock. For $2000 - $4000 there isn't much.

Plus there's something about driving them isn't there? Some feeling you get (apart from the feeling of "what the hell will break next?!!") they just feel good.

Well thats my 2 and 3/5s cents.

Dave
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

yeah if i had "more" money at the it i bought my staz i would have got......a better staz spend more money at first less chance things go wrong!

but if i could have had 30 grand in my bank at the time i bought my car i would have gone with either......
a 92 MR2 with trd wide body kit :drool:
a strawberry face 180 (s15 front on a 180)
or an r32 gtst

but lets face it starion are great value for money just the engine is the getting alittle old, i bought my starion for $2000 it came with power steering, working air con, alarm system, central locking, good sound system (deck needs an up grade no cds :( ), and a bucket load of style.
Also came with a bolt on 2 and a half inch tip but i've taken that off. :P

but just try to find a car like the starion, a cheap performer with 4 wheel disc brakes, indepent Suspension, and a 2L turbo charged engine.
i was accually looking to get a cordia but lack of rwd drove me away.
I'm Back
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

you guys cant help but bump stuff can you? Last time I posted in this thread i was actually happy with my life! that was a long time ago.

since then I sold the Lancer, got the scorp, scorp got written off, bought GSR. STILL havent got a Supra or Starion. on and the missus left me 4 months back to make my life even better....

WHY bump something after so long? this would have been PAGES deep!!!! keep up with last year already, hell we kept up and went past it lol!!! :P

this is 2005 not 2004 :P
1983 JA Staz
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

When I first bought my starion I was very reluctant, I had seen them on the net but they were all widebodies so when it showed up it was a great dissapointment, it also had horrible paint on the mags which made me really um and arrr.

I gave in as it was $1500 and it turned out to be the most reliable car I've actually owned. (compared to a capri and a celica supra don't buy old toyota's there double skinned rust buckets which rust from the inside out when the seals give way, 82-85)

Anyway it became quite loved after a bit of a tidy up and I havent considered another car since due to my fussy tastes. ( Has to be old and unique with power but yet refined, coupes only)

I love it when you get that confused stare :), starions have so much class and style
Last edited by Junkers on Fri May 06, 2005 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

mmmmmmm well originally i had to buy a 4cyl... coz my old 8cyl val was drinking to much peddi... any who we went shopping an told the old boy i wasnt going to get into a 4 cyl unless it was turbocharged, a mitsubishi an rwd... couple weeks later he found a yellow, immaculate starion, (at the time.) looking pretty in a car yard.. so i bought it, an here i am.. wasnt the best looking car in the world, but u grow on it.. an potenial is amazing... if money wasnt a issue i would be driving a 71' hemi cuda... :twisted:
an now that i have fallen in love with the good old star of orion.. i reckon a nice big fat black gullwing wide body with big mofo wheels, evo III engine of the nut, would be lovely
Last edited by SIRIUS on Fri May 06, 2005 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

If money wasn't an issue I'd be driving a GT40
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

ey stazza baby.. now theres a car.. my old man was lucky enough to be able to drive an original gt40.. he use to be a car carrier.. company gave him an a couple more drivers the job to transport all the cars from the museum.. the gt40 was one of his
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
jono
I've been here before

Post by jono »

if i won a million dollars i would still be driving my starion,to pick the cheque up anyway . i think we love them for the challenge chasing parts , fabricating etc
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Fark an original there worth something like a million.. at least. There is a place in NZ however that makes replica's to the tune of 120, 000 dollars.. I will own one oneday :twisted:
jono
I've been here before

Post by jono »

ooops too late on the children thing for me
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

sorry ive gotta say this, but fuck the v8's

we'll all get on the emu export, race home in our falcadores with the right arm leant on the top of the steering wheel, left hand flicking through gears on their automatic like they are peter fucking brock, to beat their wives

a sports car is light, well tuned suspension and a responsive engine - something that a starion is

sure, you may want to pull out tree stumps or lay a smokey skid... but that is where the fun ends...

AGRICULTURAL! LEAVE EM IN TRACTORS

(i have a deep seeded hate against v8s if you havent picked it up yet)
gordonspec® racing
jono
I've been here before

Post by jono »

well said