The pros and cons of the EVOs?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

The good thing about the EVO is that there is ten in the series to choose from plus all the variants in each. If you cant find one to suit you then I think you may be just a tad too fussy.

Personally I think there are better looking cars out there but technically there are very very few who can beat it.

I still think a black TME with good breathing, good suspension, wider wheels and tyres and tweaked ECU is going to be pretty hard to beat and would be 'my' ultimate EVO.

One drive in MRB's TME when it was relatively tame (compared to the work he has done on it since) proved to me just what a performance animal it is, but it would be a harsh daily driver.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I have wanted a Evo 9 for a while now. I think it is one of the best new cars out there. BUT if I was to ever own an evo, it would be a Black Evo 6.5 TME. I actually came very close to buying one about a year ago, but found out I needed to sell my widebody to help pay for it, so well history speaks for itself. :beer
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

Out of all of them, I'd have a black Evo 5 RS. Best looking imo
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

[/quote]

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting your lady But i'm sure that you being a man that likes foxes would have a foxy lady to rock your boat :D :wink:[/quote]

Rad, you have no idea :twisted: :wink: :drool:
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

OLD FART wrote: PS oh and I nearly forgot to mention that some men who live on a pair of islands are said to love sheep :) LOL
Ozzie fantasy
96 R33 GTS25t - 4 Sale
02 Impreza
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

You EVO 6 fanatics would die if you saw the black one parked across from the Buranda train station today - big black rims and looks like a bit of work done on the intake system. I will try and get a pic for you.
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

here's a vid comparing evo 6 to 9 , a few years ago my mate had a evo 5 standard except exhaust and i had a 91 rs legacy(liberty for you kangaroo lovers)i had grpA down pipe and running 15 pound and with a roll on we would be side by side up to limiter, from launch i would eat him cause he would bog down with the traction control kicking in with a little wheel spin,
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

An Evo 9 for daily duties, the 10 sucks balls with it's paddle shift and crappy sounding engine. Intake, exhaust, suspension and wheels on a 9 and you'd have a nice streeter.
For the bush or on the track, a 2 or a 3 would make for low concern, high fun factor situation.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

87_starion wrote:Im not sure how you could call that Starion interior 'a nice place to be'
That color is horrible.

EVO's rock, point and shoot supercar slayers!!

6.5 and EVO II RS are generally regarded as the kings.
Ok, is it better now :)

mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

I would have to say unless you have driven a modified EVO in anger on the race track you have no idea what a awesome bit of kit they are.
I really enjoyed driving my Starion on the track however my EVO6 TME is in a different league.
While the looks and interior are obvious discussion points at the end of the day these things are made to drive.

Here is a picture of my EVO6 TME RS2 at the 2009 EVO Nationals at Winton. It has 250+wkW. It now has full RS spec drivetrain (no AYC).

Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Totally agree mrb1 the evo would be an amazing car to drive, i imagine a starion would be like driving a morris minor by comparison.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

WANTSOM wrote:The good thing about the EVO is that there is ten in the series to choose from plus all the variants in each. If you cant find one to suit you then I think you may be just a tad too fussy.
I'll have the rwd one with the north-south engine thanks :beer
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol