Got it running

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

could it be air in the clutch hydraulics? if its not disengaging?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

I checked to see if the rod is pushing the arm in and it seems to be. I jack it up today and have a mate push the clutch in whilst I look at it from below.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

not a seized spigot bearing then?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Spent half the day today pulling the gearbox out agian and replacing it again, seems to be the actuator arm on the clutch cylinder is not pushing the arm far enough to push the thrust bearing against the pressure plates enough. I discovered the clutch cylinder was leaking a lot of fluid. Ahh the joys of having several spare parts cars lying around. Anywa I replaced the cylinder and it seems better, wont know until its on the ground. Can anyone possibly tell me how far does theri cylinder push the arm back. How much distance is left between the back of the arm and the bellhousing ? I think a longer or adjustable rod would help.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer rofl :beer rofl :beer rofl :beer :) :) :D :D rofl :beer rofl

It's done ! It works ! hooray. It was the actuator all the time. Well at least I am a gearbox expert now ( who doesn't know the correct term for a slave cylinder ). Got it all timed up perfectly, running like a swiss watch. Road test in a few days should be scary.
Last edited by Vulpes on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

actuator = clutch slave cylinder? congrats :)

JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

we want new pics,, with my old wheels fitted. :D
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

actuator = I dont know what its called. Yes slave cylinder. Ok Bren it should be out of the shed this week. Im still mucking around with the console and instruments.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Yes its now officially done, drove it up from the shed tonight and it awaiting a nice wash tomorrow afternoon after work. DVD, GPS, console, all installed. Its nice to be able to play movies off my ipod. Will post some pics in the next few days once I get it washed and polished. Engine is amazing, so quiet and NO SMOKE !!!!
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

The 'journey' is near complete! Fantastic!! I wonder what combination you will use between taillights and wheels??

I am relieved... and was fairly confident with the engine, (though nothing is for certain these days) as there has been
some documentation on it on this forum.
Let's hope the rebuilt LSD does its job as well, especially around a corner with a nice grin on your face l :)

:beer :beer :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

Hooray :beer
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Test drove it today and all i can say is "What the Hell" what an amazing car, I cant believe how nice it is on the road. The 30mm short shifter works a treat, everything is so tight. I really hope to get some pics up tomorrow night for you.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Well done!
Wating for pics then...