Cops

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

bigd wrote:
dirtygalant wrote:he replied 'but don't these come out rotary?', by that time the lights had just changed green so quickly said 'nah mate it's a Mitsi not a POS mazda' and proceeded to drive off slowly (and quietly haha).
Hahaha that would've been gold. He must've thought the eterna was a cosmo. Only car that would even remotely resemble it. Dumbass.

Never have probs with cops unless I have no warrant or am speeding then they're like a bloody rash. My starion is pretty close to the ground and loud enough but it's usually clean as so maybe that's why.

Agree with the "go fight some real crime" call but i can imagine the poor bastards get a hard time from their seniors to generate a bit of revenue and the easiest way is to pull up likely looking punters in modified cars.

yes i agree if your car looks nice and clean (finshed off, no mix match paint ,all things working etc) they are less likey to sting you.
but if there a prick your going to get stung anyway!
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

that is no comfort especially when your getting smashed by cops at a carpark, and getting a text from a mate a suburb away who has just been robbed at his work and "there are no cars available" to go out to his work. that night there was 2 bikes, 5 marked, 2 unmarked and a dot crewman hammering aspley.

its the same as cameras being placed on road with the highest chance of a fine rather that on roads that need drivers to slow down.

cops are like condoms.. they are meant to make you feel safe when your really getting furked!!
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I rekon having to deal with the scum and underbelly of society day in, day out would get to anyone after time.

I got pulled over a couple of days ago, wasent paying attention to my speed. The police officer asked if I knew how fast I was going, I had no idea, and said as much, she informed me it was 71 in a 50. So, yeah, definately deserved to get pinged. Her manner indicated that she was clearly expecting me to be an asshole about it, and did a double take when I sheepishly apologised, and said "thats not really good enough, is it?"... She went and did the usual checks, wrote me down for 65 (lower prices and demerit bracket) and sent me on my way.

Totally fair enough. I've never had a run in with a police officer thats gone badly when ive treated them with respect.
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

i have had the head of state traffic taskforce with a belt full of shite roll and scratch his way the length of my skyline to "prove" that if i hit someone they would get hung up on the wing i had... granted it was '88 paint and i managed to buff the scratches out but ...
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

benny wrote:i have had the head of state traffic taskforce with a belt full of shite roll and scratch his way the length of my skyline to "prove" that if i hit someone they would get hung up on the wing i had... granted it was '88 paint and i managed to buff the scratches out but ...
rofl I wish I could have seen that... I had this vision of him with his arms in the air in a slow-mo spin...
As for scratching ya paint... No cool :x
1985 JB Starion #157
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

benny wrote:that is no comfort especially when your getting smashed by cops at a carpark, and getting a text from a mate a suburb away who has just been robbed at his work and "there are no cars available" to go out to his work. that night there was 2 bikes, 5 marked, 2 unmarked and a dot crewman hammering aspley.

its the same as cameras being placed on road with the highest chance of a fine rather that on roads that need drivers to slow down.

cops are like condoms.. they are meant to make you feel safe when your really getting furked!!
i've had almost exactly the same experience, except we were threatened by a dude with a .22, this was back when i was about 20. cops took 45 mins just to do a drive by, didnt even come and ask us what happened etc.

problem is, cops are assigned to do a certain job. ie traffic cops are traffic cops, general duty are general duty. different coppers go after different jobs. the guys who hate "hoons" join the traffic branch and rape everyone within 5 mins of a call out as they have a nice healthy budget (funding is better for something they can make easy money from) but the general duty coppers are generally underfunded and therefore understaffed. cops who hate drugs (or like them :P ) join the drug branch. guys who like murder mysteries become detectives etc etc.

on the whole i think the general duty guys do a great job, and i have a lot off respect for them, if they had the sort of funding and priority placed on them as the traffic guys do, society would be better off for it.

we really have the pollies to blame for this situation. and "a current affair" et al
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

a new gray commodore with a mess of aerials has been sitting parked in a blind spot around a corner just down from my place all week the same commodore had traffic cops hop out of it at the motorkhana on the weekend, when they dropped in for a visit.......

they are gone within 20mins of me getting home,
no one else that was at the motorkhana live in my street,
i was the only one who drove to, raced and drove home,
and the only car not to wimp out and go easy as they watched.

have i become paranoid :wtf:

/me goes to check the cupboard for the boogeyman
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

benny wrote:a new gray commodore with a mess of aerials has been sitting parked in a blind spot around a corner just down from my place all week the same commodore had traffic cops hop out of it at the motorkhana on the weekend, when they dropped in for a visit.......

they are gone within 20mins of me getting home,
no one else that was at the motorkhana live in my street,
i was the only one who drove to, raced and drove home,
and the only car not to wimp out and go easy as they watched.

have i become paranoid :wtf:

/me goes to check the cupboard for the boogeyman

You should go and introduce yourself next time they are stalking you.
Or even better, report a doggy commodore hanging around the area to the police. Possibly doing drug deals or about to rob a place.
1985 JB Starion #157
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

I posted it a while ago, but i had a mate drop me off one night and as we got to my place we noticed a new (at the time) Adventura was following us. I told my mate to keep driving and see if they really are following us. So we drove around for a while, and sure enough they were. I told my mate to drive to the cop shop, and see what happens. When we got there they stopped at the top of the carpark and didn't move. Deciding not to be intimidated, i approach the car window only to have the window roll down to see a gun, and a badge pointed at me :shock:. After being told to step back and put my hands on my head, they told me to be on my way and go straight home. I got the shits and went into the station to report this, only to be told the same thing.

Another one when i was on my P's, i locked my keys in my car and had to break into it at a local shopping centre. As i started to break into it, a car pulled up beside me and 4 huge guys got out and picked me up by the throat and slammed me onto the bonnet of my own car :? Lucky for me the were undercover cops and i could prove who i was, or i am sure i would have got some more punishment.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

I posted this a while ago, but felt it was worthwhile bringing it up again.
This happened in my first Staz, a red JA that has since been decommissioned...

A few years back, I was driving home from a mate's place, going through an industrial area at night, when I was approached by an unmarked police car with 4 Mr Plods in it driving with it's headlights off. When they got to about 10 metres from my car, the headlights and the blue removable Disco light came on, so i stopped.
I was approached to by 2 of them, but a young cop, (clearly a rookie), asked me the usual questions of where I had been, where was I going, and to see my licence. I felt it rude to refuse so I obliged, and was then asked to step out of the car.
The idiot then proceeded to feel my front tyres, (yes front!) and suggest that i "had been doing too many burnouts mate." I informed him that the car was a RWD, but he persisted, and suggested that he knew better! I guess he thought it was a Cordia. Meanwhile the other plod present was shaking his head, but I'm not quite sure if it was at me, or his idiot colleague.
Anyway, i was given a defect notice for some truly trivial shit, and told to behave myself.

I'm not sure that I got through to the idiot about what sort of car mine was, and the fact that it was a RWD. :roll:
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Re: ...

Post by jwebb2876 »

[quote="NachoMan"]
The idiot then proceeded to feel my front tyres, (yes front!) and suggest that i "had been doing too many burnouts mate." I informed him that the car was a RWD, but he persisted, and suggested that he knew better! I guess he thought it was a Cordia. [quote]

rofl What a furkin idiot! how can you not tell a Cordia from a Staz? I guess my theory that cops straight out of the academy are getting dumber is right!
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com