Any tough car in here

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
King cordia
tosser

Re: grtrg

Post by King cordia »

RiceThief wrote:
King cordia wrote:I could see him struggle to keep up,i saw him on boost in my right blind spot mirror,he was trying to catch me,but he FAILED,like most of them.
How do u visually tell a car boosting? Did he hold up a sign saying he was boosting :roll:

Perhaps he wasnt trying to race you if he was behind you.
The sign thing you said is a bloody classic.He was on boost,thats all im gonna say about that.How oftern do you see a P plate plater with a non turbo skyline.
My dash powerd cordia is like a ferrari,in a cordia chassis.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

RiceThief wrote:
King cordia wrote:I could see him struggle to keep up,i saw him on boost in my right blind spot mirror,he was trying to catch me,but he FAILED,like most of them.
How do u visually tell a car boosting? Did he hold up a sign saying he was boosting :roll:
a definate possibility as holding up a sign would certainly make quick shifting difficult, possibly an explaination for the skylines slow 1/4 mile??
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

King cordia wrote:How oftern do you see a P plate plater with a non turbo skyline.
Gee thats great logic you have there, so you're saying that if the driver of a skyline is a P plater he must be driving a turbo. Maybe you can sell P plates to all non turbo skyline owners, heres a ad you could place.

"Can't afford a turbo skyline or dont want to waste money on those electronic blow off valves and plastic intercoolers. Buy a P plate now everyone will think you will have a full sick turbo skyline. But wait thats not all call now and we'll send you two P plates for the price off one, you will be the envy of all your mates as people will think you have the twin turbo model.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

Starion_Turbo wrote:
RiceThief wrote:
a definate possibility as holding up a sign would certainly make quick shifting difficult, possibly an explaination for the skylines slow 1/4 mile??
My guess is that the Skyline driver was wearing glasses. KC saw the reflection of the Skyline's boost gauge in the driver's glasses in his rear view mirror. :wink:
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

I love those mirrored glasses. It's so TOP GUN.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

I know your cause is good guys, but you can tell a GTS-t from a GTS by using your ears. The exhaust note is much different and they make a 'hiss' noise as the turbo builds up boost. Sorry, I cant think of a better way to describe the noise, but I can tell the difference, even on factory exhaust setups.

On another note, my car has a vacuum leak, it makes neato turbo sounds now too. Damn vac line nipple broke off the cruise control actuator :(

King Cordia - your cooler piping sounds good, but you should know, that will reduce lag slightly (100rpm or so), and maybe a tiny bit of power (like 1-2hp), but if your car is as fast as you claim, its much much more than just the pipework. Also you'd get a much bigger performance boost by ripping out the TX5 cooler and fitting a proper aluminium bar and plate cooler.

At the end of the day nobody here is going to beleive you on here until we see some pictures, a timeslip and/or video, and preferrably, and more importantly, a little better technical information from you that makes sense.

I'm still having trouble beleiving the Cordia factory fuel system can run 16psi on a TC06-11 turbocharger without pinging its tits off.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Trust me the stupid 7.5:1 Static CR saw to the fact that 16psi is fine :x

When I first got my Cordia, it was running 20psi with static CR about 8.3-5:1 and the timing retarded one tooth without pinging........
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

toysrus wrote:Trust me the stupid 7.5:1 Static CR saw to the fact that 16psi is fine :x

When I first got my Cordia, it was running 20psi with static CR about 8.3-5:1 and the timing retarded one tooth without pinging........
7.5 :shock:

Ok, I'll beleive it. I was waiting to see if a Cordia person would correct me.

Learn something new everyday :D
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

SpidersWeb wrote:I know your cause is good guys, but you can tell a GTS-t from a GTS by using your ears. The exhaust note is much different and they make a 'hiss' noise as the turbo builds up boost. Sorry, I cant think of a better way to describe the noise, but I can tell the difference, even on factory exhaust setups.
You can tell if a car is turboed by listening to it, king cordia is claiming to be able to see it boosting. Read his post carefully, he is claiming the skyline is turbo because its got p plates, guages insided, lowered, big rims and loud exhaust. Im sure if you didnt mention that you can hear the difference between a turbo and non turbo through the sound of the noise the turbo makes and the note of the exhaust he would still be claiming he saw it boosting.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Oh! ok I get the Top Gun mirror glasses thing a bit better now too haha

I'm so used to reading crap on the internet, I automatically replace words to what they should be saying, so I miss some of the finer details.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

16 PSI.... on factory ECU?

AAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

if cordias can do that why cant starions run anymore then about 1 bar without fuel cut... the cordia ECU cant be that much different!!
1983 JA Staz
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

Normally Cordias do fuel cut at 1 bar (or less), but a lot of people bypass that by cutting the signal wire between the ECU and MAP sensor. Weather that is a good idea or not I don't know, but it is definatly a very common thing to do. I'm sure lots of people have varying opinions of it.

Another explanation could be inaccurate boost gauges reading higher then it should.
nashstyle
I've been here before

Post by nashstyle »

Cordias CANT run any more than 15psi with the factory fuel system. I should know, I've owned a 1.8L AC and now own a 2L AB and as soon as I step over 15psi = PING! And yes they have a crap 7.5:1 ratio. The only feasable way of avoiding detonation would be to retard the timing to shit, retard timing by 1 or 2 teeth (as mentioned above) or upgrade fuel (adjustable fuel reg would be sufficient) but Roger has done none of the above mods acording to him.
P.S AB is right, you can cut/disconnect "the yellow wire" to disable fuel cut = unlimited boosting.
I liek to flutter.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

not unlimited boosting.

theres a point where the crapass standard injectors just cant cut it.
disconnecting anything thats there for a reason is a bad idea IMO.

but hey, its not my car :D
1983 JA Staz
nashstyle
I've been here before

Post by nashstyle »

I had it d/c on my AC (cos the AC fuel cut is at 12.4psi and I wanted to run 14psi) but I've kept it intact on the 2L. IMO its safe as long as you know you cant go past 15psi and you make sure it doesnt.
I liek to flutter.