RIP Steve Irwin

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Zychion wrote:I want everyone to think that we're all crazy and play with deadly animals.
i like the way you think!
_

Post by redzone »

yes this hits home here even more so as my flatmate ryan works at australia zoo (its only barely 20k`s away in beerwah) as a photographer, apparently there is a whole carpark area filled up out to the road with wreaths and messages from people around the world!

i REALLY feel for his family, two young kids now have no father, and his parents who originally set up the zoo, now have lost a son.

heard on JJJ yesterday that apparently this particular species has extremely potent bacteria on the spike, thats prob why he ripped it out. just plain bad luck it hit his heart. when your times up, your times up eh. :cry:
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

I heard that he was wrestling with a great white that lost its way when the stingrays attacked. Its a shame he couldnt fend off all of them. I also knew him. I feel no remorse. Im sure hes ok, whereever he is. Like mick says, its not like hes burning in hell, where Johnny will be, the slimy little scumbag.
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

P.s. I heard something very strange just recently, If you are ever hit with the barb your supposed to leave it in, as you can survive for some time. It's actually the bleeding after taking it out that will actually kill you.
Its very true, if u ever get impaled or spiked with anything like that you definitely dont want to pull it out as u will quite likely bleed to death in a very short space of time if its hit a major artery or something. Although in this case i think Steve probably knew that the barb had something on it that would cause more damage leaving it in than pulling it out.
Iv personally had the experience of rushing a mate to the ER with a metal pole through his leg after a night on the piss - was apparently really lucky that it didnt get pulled out otherwise could have been big probs!!!!
Anyway back on topic
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

He probably pulled it out rather than it being pulled out by the Ray. He wouldn't have wanted anything to happen to the Ray, so he pulled it out. He wasn't the type of guy to cut the tail off a Ray for any reason....

He will be sadly missed, and always admired.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

nah the ray would've been fine, they shoot them spines out like a dart don't they?
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
lowlancer
I like starions

Post by lowlancer »

Fucking barely one day since the poor bugger died, and some bitch faced feminist is opening her big fucking mouth.

"It is the animal kingdom getting their revenge"

"He was not an environmentalist"

"He manhandled every animal he ever touched"

Well woop de bloody woo, look out for Germaine greer, apparently a leading voice on animal behaviour and a inconcievably massive waste of space.

That Germaine Greer bitch needs to be put out to pasture. What the crap has she ever done for the world, bar moan about apparent "inconsistencies" between men and women, and give some uppity women a reason to complain about the fact they feel trapped in their mediocre lives? Yet she feels satisfiably informed to pass judgement about something she has no experience in... Loudmouth people like her serve no real purpose, she merely exists to exagerate all feelings of reprehensibility toward the modern women with an informed opinion.

It's just not on.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

On behalf of all the Crew here at ZOOM i will add that he will be missed.

The classic Irwin responses moved us all.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Im pretty sure the barb comes out like a stinger on a bee except of course the bull ray lives.

As for that Greer bitch i havent heard such crap in my life, steve's method might be abit strange but anyone who has ever visited his zoo would know how much he's done for animal conservation.

Good on premier beattie for making a public statement saying both greer's comments and views are stupid.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Can somone go and pop a bullet in that stupid germain grear bitch? What kind of dumb human says that crap on the days that people moarn his death?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Bindi Irwin should go and punch germaine greer in the balls for saying that about her dad. coz i`m sure GG used to have balls..

how the fck can someone seriously say something like that about someone who has only so recently departed? i mean think of the kids FFS!

i can only think she is just a publicity whore, thatd explain alot about that sorry case..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

The only thing of note that lo life bitch has done is to burn her bra .Pity she wasnt in it whenshe did it !!!! :x :x
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
avandulls_gal
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandulls_gal »

It certainly wasn't right the way she came out and said what she did. Fair enough if she disagreed with the way he handled animals, but why not say that while he was alive? why say it in such a way as to be insensitive and hateful, to badmouth a man in the media while his kids and family are mourning and then call anyone who is saddened by the death of a human being 'stupid'?

if she wanted to criticise his work all she had to say was:

"I disagreed with some of the things he did, and we wouldn't have seen eye to eye on many issues, but I feel for his loved ones"

Something tells me Germaine is a sad, bitter woman and I feel sorry for her that she has nothing better to do than get her face in the media by badmouthing a recently dead person who can't, by reason of death, have a chance at a rejoinder.
SEND PICS FOR AUSTARION CALENDAR TO: austarion.calendar(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @, just avoiding spam)

WIFE: noun: 1) pit-crew at race days 2) emergency pick up and tow service 3) shoulder to cry on after VERY unsuccessful race days
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

well it worked cos i never knew who she was before she came out and said that crap.
_