New License Rules

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
ITVBass
[P] Plates

Post by ITVBass »

BUT he mentioned, and I am yet to see it in writing, that the rules will be back dated, so if you are already on P's when they come in, you're screwed as well! No turbo anything, V8 etc....
I hope not... (de-turboed starion? :cry: )
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Hey Glenn hope u werent refering 2 me when u said old & slow drivers :x :x
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

Not likely Rad, LOL

id never badmouth someone who can eat me for breakfast on the race track. Im sorry to use such a stereotype, but i couldnt think of any other way of saying it.

Bottom line, what im trying to say is that we all shouldn't be punished for the actions of the few. As JJH said it is always the nut behind the wheel who causes the accidents, regardless whether there in a lambo or daewoo...

heres a link with some quite valid info http://www.caradvice.com.au/722/queensl ... -learners/
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

And anyone from QLD, can someone vouch whether or not the new laws will affect current p platers, not just the prospectives?
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Matey's........i hope they make it a little harder for the Asian drivers down here. They are going to kill someone soon. One just climbed over the front of my 300ZX in her new BMW. Then she couldnt speak a word of english...until i called the cops up. Must have been a memory loss they all seem to get in a crash down here. She had some bullshit excuse about the sun in her eyes.
ITVBass
[P] Plates

Post by ITVBass »

tough break with the 300zx but i guess thats what you get when idiots drive BMW's.

I just read on that arrive alive website that exemptions on the turbo rule applies to low powered turbos on a type by type basis. Any chance a staz is a low powered turbo?
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jakobsladderz »

I'd say an unmodified Starion would fit into that bracket but it depends on whether they stick roughly to the existing power/weight limits or whether they're looking at reducing them. A standard starion has less power/weight than say a current falcodore 380 but it depends on whether someone knows enough about them to put them onto the exemption list.
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
ITVBass
[P] Plates

Post by ITVBass »

Yeah i guess the only way to get a definate answer would be to call up... I think i'll do that tomorrow.
evoJB
I like starions more

Post by evoJB »

It's about time, maybe should be something similar for old people, the only requirement though is it has wheels.

but seriously cant wait for all you young guys cars to be for sale, cheap.

There should be some sort of driver training that allows you credit to obtain a better licence or more powerful rating, but with the government closing our local training on the coast the outlook is not so great in the south east.
Starion Powered By EVO
220.5kw/atw
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

There should be some sort of driver training that allows you credit to obtain a better licence or more powerful rating, but with the government closing our local training on the coast the outlook is not so great in the south east.[/quote]

Bloody good Idea..........

I hear if you already own the car then you are exempt....
Ask about that too!
ITVBass
[P] Plates

Post by ITVBass »

Alrighty i called them up and if you get your P's before the law comes in then you are exempt though the power to weight ratio of 125 @ flywheel still applies.
Looks like it's gonna suck to be born in june LOL
Though i wonder how their gonna police it if some P platers can drive turbos while others can't. Are they just gonna pull over anyone driving a turbo to check your license everytime, seems pretty rediculous to me
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Thats exactly what they do here ITV :)

NSW cops are starting to have to do license checks on people to see whether they are able to drive the car they are driving when you get pulled over for RBT's, etc.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
ITVBass
[P] Plates

Post by ITVBass »

.......Worst plan ever. They should just wait til the new P plates (Green and Red) come in so they know from looking who can and can't drive a turbo :?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Do you guys just have a single P Plate system at the moment?
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
ITVBass
[P] Plates

Post by ITVBass »

yeah we still just have the red plates. Do you guys have the red/green already?